Stylus not straight...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Anex, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Anex

Anex Thermionic

Wanted to play some records tonight, just about to cue up and noticed the whole cart has been twisted right round on my arm so someone obviously gave it right knock. Was setting up again with the protractor and spotted that the stylus is now wonky in the cart :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Its a dyna 17d2 with the stubby diamond thing so its not actually bent but its pointing to one side rather than central to the cart body. Anyone any ideas what I can do? Would setting the bias off for a while help?
    Naturally no one owned up.

Anex, Jun 23, 2005
  2. Anex

Bob McC living the life of Riley

Its shagged.
    Put a claim in on the insurance.

Bob McC, Jun 23, 2005
  3. Anex

zanash

you can normall do a trade in with dynavector ......

but bob's your uncle here....

tell your house hold insurance what has happened straight away.....don't tell them it was a pet though ....even tell them you were the clumsy oaf with three left thumbs .....ring them up and say you don't know what to do and they will tell you. If you are living away from home your still covered .....most house hold policies will cover you anywhere in the uk .....that great when your wife looses your camera overboard when she is sailing ......were are still married just !

I've hooked a cantilever on a wooly jumper ruining both ! mind it was only a vms 20e.

zanash, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Anex

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Question is who is this 'someone?'

garyi, Jun 23, 2005
  5. Anex

Anex Thermionic

I'd like to know that, like I said, no one owned up :/
    Does anyone know how much dynavector give on trade in? Don't know how the insurance people would handle that. Will have to call them tomorrow then I guess. Bollocks.
    Was listening earlier, image is totally collapsed on one side, theres a huge sound stage on one side, then a speaker on the other.

Anex, Jun 24, 2005
  6. Anex

anon_bb Honey Badger

actually my pet knocked over one of my speakers and damaged the bass driver. it can happen!

anon_bb, Jun 24, 2005
  7. Anex

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Oh dear. My condolences. Maybe we need a Tales of Trashed Cantilevers sticky.

Which one of em looked guiltiest?

PS. Is the arm okay?

Uncle Ants, Jun 24, 2005
  8. Anex

Anex Thermionic

The shortlist is my mum getting into the fitted wardrobe to the side or the cleaner. The cat usually leaves things alone after burning her nose on a valve a few years ago.
    Yes, arm is ok thank god. That really would have pissed me off.
    Didn't get chance to ring the insurance today as have loads of relatives over, will be mondays priority assuming they're not open tomorrow. Did manage to pop into the hifi shop though (possibly have my priorities wrong there :) ). Said they could either do a like for like or get me the £500 Lyra which apparantly people have been raving about. Will have to check that out. Not sure what the gain is though, wouldn't like to loose my expensive step ups.
    I better buy one of those Michel uni cover things too.

Anex, Jun 24, 2005
Ask a Question