Sub Woofer Blues - Fixed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by dreftar, Mar 20, 2007.

1. dreftar

dreftar

I posted about this earlier (a month or so ago) and now I,ve fixed the problem. The Issue was I couldn't listen to some CDs - too much bass, where as others were OK. The problem was most apparent with Akon and Amy Winehouse. The solution was so simple and I found it by accident when playing with cables and things. It was to connect the sub from one preamp output and my left and right amps from the other output, rather than going through the sub and the difference is amazing. I have clean clear solid bass that really rocks. I didn't realise that the bass was in a fog before. I'm going through most of my music collection again and cant believe the life that is in some tracks. I can even play Amy Winehouse and Akon now - Bliss!!

dreftar, Mar 20, 2007
  2. dreftar

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

whats the new winehouse album like, is it whiny crap or all quality stuff like rehab?

sq225917, Mar 21, 2007
  3. dreftar

kmac

Have to say I found the first Amy Winehouse album (Frank) to be whiny crap. Her voice reminds me of a character in Friends - Chandler's girlfriend - who speaks entirely through her nose.

kmac, Mar 21, 2007
  4. dreftar

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Could you remind us what the sub is? Could be that the area of overlap you now have works just right in your room and placement, without implying any general conclusion. I suppose it also depends on the quality of the sub's passthrough on line level, which is why I ask.

SteveC, Mar 21, 2007
  5. dreftar

dreftar

The Sub is a behringer Truth B2092A. The problem could have been the subs pass through, The unbalanced output of my pre amp to the balanced input of the sub then balanced output to the poweramps or perhaps the simplicity of the new way that everything is connected .

Interesting comments about Amy Winehouse - I really enjoy her music, rhythms and textures etc. The one track that I always skip is "Rehab" which I find irritating and it doesnt really fit with the other songs on that album.

dreftar, Mar 21, 2007
Ask a Question