Super tweeter advice

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mikeb, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Mikeb

Mikeb

I have a pair of JAS twin ribbon super tweeters which I using with my tannoy loudspeakers.
    Has anyone advice regarding the siting of these on top of the loudspeakers. I have started off by trying to line up the ribbon with the other units so they are in the same vertical plane.
    Also can anyone tell me how you can determine the phase of a ribbon tweeter, on dome tweeters I normally connect a small voltage battery across the speaker unit and see which way it moves eg forward or backwards. I am reluctant to try this with a ribbon as they are normally fairly fragile and also I am not sure if it is possible to judge which way it moves.
    Anyone ideas.

Thanks Mikeb

Mikeb, Oct 1, 2006
  2. Mikeb

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Site them on eBay.

garyi, Oct 1, 2006
  3. Mikeb

dean.l

this may help : http://www.stonessoundstudio.com.au/stone/dc_testing_woofers_dome_tweeters_and_ribbon_speakers.htm

try with and without them, if it makes a difference 'to you' then keep them or sell them.

try big lumps of blu tak under them and try toeing them in out up down etc, trust your ears it is only you who will have to listen to them.
    you could also try and make an attenutator for them (if one is not already on there?)

don't ebay them unless they do nothing to help the sound for 'you'

dean.l, Oct 1, 2006
  4. Mikeb

Mikeb

Thanks for the link Dean very useful and interesting, by the way they are excellent super tweeters and do improve the sound even if I don't have them in their ideal lcation yet, highly recommended.

Mike

Mikeb, Oct 2, 2006
  5. Mikeb

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

I have some Townshend super tweeters with a pair of Logan Ascents - I sited these on stands beside the speakers internally. I gather JAS are a bit ore critical to position but try experimenting with side positioning - I bought a pair of rear surround sound speaker stands on e bay for a £1 and they work superbly!

larkrise, Oct 3, 2006
Ask a Question