Supra Rondo 2.5x4 or Kimber 4PR ??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by freefallrob, Jan 10, 2007.

1. freefallrob

freefallrob

I have a budget of £4.50 per mtr to upgrade my speaker cable with wife/system friendly stuff.

Supra Rondo 2.5x4 or Kimber 4PR seem to fit the price range and appearance and have both been well reviewed over the years.

I'll be upgrading from standard figure of 8 unbranded OFC multistrand 'monster' type cable.

Problem is which to buy ?? Which is 'best' over a 2 x 5 mtr run ?

My speakers are not biwireable so if I went for the supra i'd wire it up in star quad ( 2 oppossing conductors for neg/pos ).

Thanks for any help !

Rob.

freefallrob, Jan 10, 2007
  2. freefallrob

kgb144

I would recommend you try Van Damme either Black Tour Grade or Blue Studio Grade, both available in several thickness and core options. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Try www.vdctrading.co.uk excellent service and prices.

With the money you save buy more software :D

Happy listening

kgb144, Jan 10, 2007
  3. freefallrob

Neil

Of the 2 you mention I'd go for Kimber - although often given a hard time (due to the RA Uk monopoly) I've used many flavours of cable but have "come back" to Kimber many times due to its openness and transparency.

Neil, Jan 10, 2007
  4. freefallrob

freefallrob

Hi thanks for your replies, the Van Damme looks interesting and fairly good value. However after loosing several nights sleep over it :rolleyes: i've plummed for good old kimber 4PR, it's been around since god was a lad ( well the 70's ), and seems to do things in a fairly even manner.....

I'll let you know how the upgrade goes.....

freefallrob, Jan 12, 2007
  5. freefallrob

JANDL100

Good choice compared to the Supra. I tried the Supra and in my system al least it sounded really weird - all phasey and unfocussed - I checked the polarity of the leads many times, cos it sounded out of phase!

JANDL100, Jan 13, 2007
Ask a Question