Surf's Up region 2 DVD with JBL

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MacReady’sShack, Dec 28, 2007.

1. MacReady’sShack

MacReady’sShack Rattling shuddering LFE.1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Animated DVD menu is funny.

Shia labeouf, Jeff Bridges do the voiceovers on this delightful animated film about Surfing Penguins, living the life on the beach and surfing until the sun goes down, smooth man.

I know I was going to enjoy this and at 1hr 22min it went rather fast, made me cry a few times, laughed and gasped at the wonderful images unfolding fame for frame.

Farmed at 1.85:1 W/S image was stable shape enough for DVD colourful and delightfully pleasing.

The sound was cool on the JBL with THX dialogue was panning around over LCR along with deep rumbling waves that come crashing down over you're head, one wave was so smooth peaking at 25Hz as it lifts the surfboards up, as the penguins ride it, was fantastic at 105dbc

The Big wave towards the end of the film came thundering down on me at 115dbc! Wow I thought the JBL 4645 bought the farm that, was loud, the sheer sound pressure was all over my body, wonderful Dolby 5.1. Some of the atmosphere scenes in Antarctica at the opening had an almost being there presence, with the wind blowing softly and penguin voices moving from left and right and centre.

This will delight the kids and if not the adults as well, after all I'm a grown, well almost…buy surf's up toady and remember let the wave carry you…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mild large wave deep and low to 25Hz!

The rolling low waves of sound moving towards me, with deep rumbling force down to 25Hz 40Hz and 62Hz that I could see all interacting at the same time on the RTA. Sound pressure level was up to 105dbc on the LFE.1 only with sub bass extension on the second sub bass from the centre channel adding onto the LFE.1 giving a total in-room 107dbc!

[​IMG]

When the penguin surfers race towards the waves during the films final moments of the surfing competition, a nice beauty just starts rolling and getting bigger in size as well as sound too, then 6 surfing penguins go down out of 24 leaving only 18 left.

[​IMG]

It starts at 62m:19s and its on centre channel and LFE.1 only, you'd never be able to tell where its coming from because its omni-directional it was just rumbling the floor and my body and ears, with a slow mild thundering attack, this was a mild wave, the BIG ONE comes later in the next post!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MacReady’sShack, Dec 28, 2007
Ask a Question