swapsies! Amphion PRIO 620 floorstanders in pimping white, speakers

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SMEagol, Jul 3, 2009.

1. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

Stunning factory "Finnish-ed" (geddit?) Amphion speakers from erm Finland, mint with an rrp thanks to the euro of something like £3200. Time aligned frequency system, single binding posts. Revelator titanium tweeter and SEAS 6.5 inch drivers. Had 'not great' results with valves resulting in the resonance in the output valves being heard through the high resolution tweeters, althought this hasn't happened with a KT88 based design, but looking to swap for something with much greater sensitivity and 8ohms since these are something like 89db with a 4ohm load (optimistically) and not exactly kicking out the jams on my current tube amp, DO bring your kit up to have a listen (certainly your source amp and some tunes) though before we swap, and we'll walk away as friends if it doesn't work out, nothing worse than buying on a review and speakers are particularly personal I think. If your feeling adventurous I'll meet halfway. Stunning sound though, very missus/modern interior friendly too. May even take cash plus whatever you have. No doubt awesome with solid state or beefy valves. Standmounts or floorstanders, hornings, horns, tannoys (yes I know I sold a pair - don't rub it in), or something weird. - just sensitive!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    SMEagol, Jul 3, 2009
  2. SMEagol

Corruption

They certainly look the part, a pity I'm so attached to my Totems (plus they are also a bit insensitive and 4ohm loadage).

Good luck Chris! :)

Corruption, Jul 3, 2009
  3. SMEagol

SMEagol Because we wants it...

Hi Neil... My speakers are insensitive, I'll swear I heard them whisper I was fat the other day...

Not put these on "The Wam" just yet, figured I'd let my extended family (sniff... that's beautiful) of Zerogain have first bite at the cherry.

Here's a link for shekshy times, yes?...

http://www.amphion.fi/index.php?sivu=85

(now on the Wam)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    SMEagol, Jul 3, 2009
Ask a Question