Tag Heuer and Zenith Swiss watches

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

As another consequence of the credit crunch, both of my rather lovely Swiss watches are up for sale.

The first is my beautiful Zenith Class Elite automatic dress watch, as shown here:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies, but my photography really doesn't do either of my watches justice.

The Zenith was bought new by myself on the 18th May 2007 and is comes with the full presentation case and original receipt.

For those who don't know, Zenith manufacture their own very high quality automatic mechanism that spins at 36,000rpm, or roughly 50% faster than most, thus improving accuracy. It's also lovely and svelte, being a lot thinner than most auto's out there.

It could do with a quick polish up, but I'm assuming that's normal for any watch that is used regularly. I'm told that auto's don't like just sitting around, so it has been worn almost daily.
    The glass is made of saphire crystal, and in perfect condition.

From what I understand, the Zenith now retails for around £2200, so the price reflects the fact that I'm assuming most buyers will wish to spend £50 to have it polished. I know I could do it myself, but whoever buys it may have their own contacts at a better price.
    I'm looking for £950.

The second watch is my Tag Heuer classic 2000 (looks like a present day Aquaracer) quartz, as shown here:
    [​IMG]

Bought new by myself on the 11th Feb 2002, it is in lovely condition, with only very light scratching on the case/strap. I did look at the auto version of the watch, but didn't like the fact that it was considerably thicker. The quartz version is much thinner at only 10mm, and can unsurprisingly keeps somewhat better time. It's very durable and waterproof, the case back claiming 200m.
    The bracelet uses a double clasp to lock and can be extended for use around say a diving suit (possibly a useful thing nowadays if you work in the city).
    The glass is made of saphire crystal, and as per the Zenith glass, in perfect condition.
    I do have the manuals and proof of purchase for the watch.

New retail price for the present day equivalent is £825, I'm looking for £350.

I can post within England, Scotland or Wales, please don't even bother asking if you're outside of those areas. Payment to be by cash on collect, bank transfer or cheque (if to be posted).
    For those wishing to collect, I'm located in Sutton, south London (SM1).

Any questions, please ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    Mr_Sukebe, Jul 12, 2009
  2. Mr_Sukebe

peez

the elite movement is superb, I like Zenith very much, not in the market at the mo, but tasty none the less. The Zenith el primero movement was used in the Rolex Daytona Cosmograph for a number of years and the zenith movement ones carry higher residual values than the later Rolex movements.

peez, Jul 12, 2009
  3. Mr_Sukebe

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

Sukebe, high frequency escapements are NOT more accurate than conventional escapements. In fact, because the rubies of the anchor impact against the escape wheel some 75% more, the parts in question suffer greater wear and need more frequent servicing, arguably making them less reliable. However, movements that run at 5 Hertz have smoother motion of the second hand and are useful in chronos because they can measure 10th's of a second (IIRC).

Nice watch though :)

Dynamic Turtle, Jul 13, 2009
  4. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

The Zenith has now been sold and gone to a good home.
    Amending my original ad.

Mr_Sukebe, Jul 14, 2009
  5. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

The Tag is now provisionally sold.
    My thanks to those who showed interest.

Mr_Sukebe, Jul 15, 2009
  6. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Both watches now sold. My thanks.

Mr_Sukebe, Jul 19, 2009
  7. Mr_Sukebe

hifinut

netluxechina I think the above post is a bit much :mad: it's bad enough hifi related items been faked let alone using another members ad to try & boost your own sales of FAKE watches personally you should not be on this forum at all no doubt other members will agree 100% this is a hifi site not free for all !

Just to add your in the wrong forum too you should be advertisng in the TRADE section !!! above post will be reported !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
    hifinut, Jul 23, 2009
  8. Mr_Sukebe

Dev Moderator

Spam removed.

Dev, Jul 23, 2009
Ask a Question