Talking heads-Once in a life time.

Discussion in 'General Music' started by adam, Jun 25, 2004.

1. adam

adam

I have just bought this single released 1984,and was suprised when I played it to hear it was live,I don't recall this was released as a live single,but the version taken from "Remain in the light " LP,can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2004
    adam, Jun 25, 2004
  2. adam

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

You have the second issue. Once in a lifetime was released in 1980-81 (can't remember which) around the time of Remain in Light. The one you have was from the Stop Making Sense live LP sessions IIRC.

Tony.

TonyL, Jun 25, 2004
  3. adam

greg Its a G thing

I think that must be the live recording released as a single - great performance!

greg, Jun 25, 2004
  4. adam

SCIDB Moderator

Hi,

Once in a lifetime came out in Feb 1981. I remember buying it at the time. It was the first UK hit single for the band. One thing that made it a hit was the quirky video featuring David Byrne's dancing & funny actions. Great video.

The live version came from the "Stop making Sense" album in 1984. This was best remembered for David Byrne's big suit.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Jun 26, 2004
  5. adam

adam

Thanxs for the info everyone,I just never remeberd it as a live single,I just wonderd if it was only avaliable here as it is the spanish release.But thanxs again.

adam, Jun 26, 2004
Ask a Question