Tannoy Arena

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by joel, Aug 26, 2005.

1. joel

joel Shaman of Signals

I'm currently looking for sats for an installation (not for home and not to replace the Harbs). Has anyone heard Tannoy's Arena series?

joel, Aug 26, 2005
  2. joel

Dev Moderator

I did at Bristol (surprise surprise:)) and personally I'd buy them for AV duties, but not for music.

Dev, Aug 26, 2005
  3. joel

joel Shaman of Signals

ta for that. It's more of an AV thing anyway, and the competition is not intense. Bet you haven't heard the in-wall Tannoy offerings :)

joel, Aug 26, 2005
  4. joel

Dev Moderator

That's not much of a bet Joel:). After all, where am I going to find a dealer offering a such speakers for demo? They should be good though bearing in mind that at least one of the offerings is a DC from the TD range. I have heard of a pair of 15" Canterbury drivers mounted in-wall. Now that should be interesting. Infinite baffle or what?:). Can't get a much bigger cabinet than that:D.

Dev, Aug 27, 2005
  5. joel

joel Shaman of Signals

The In-walls are surprisingly cheap. Must be the lack of cabinetry. The really great thing with Tannoy pro is the sheer variety of good quality, reasonably priced solutions they offer. Some of the ceilings are interesting, too. Out of the question for my purposes, but interesting nonetheless.
    Looking forward to a home test of the ellipse at some point.

joel, Aug 28, 2005
Ask a Question