Tannoy Sensys DC1 speakers

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Ultrasonic, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

HFC award winner 2 years in a row, best speakers up to £500 and i cant agree more, this level of neutrality is unheard of at this price. The presentation is beautifuly balanced with no part of the frequency range drawing attention to itself. Stereo imaging is 1st rate thanks to the brilliant dual concentric drivers they use. The titanium domed super tweeters give a detailed, airy and articulate treble performance which blends in with the realisitic and uncoloured mid range. Bass is about as clean as i have heard, no signs of unwanted bumps and humps at all. Im having second thoughts about selling these as i think they can compete directly with my newly aquired JM lab elektra 905s which are £1200 new...considering that the DC1s only cost £450 new that is quite remarkable. 1 of the tweeters are pressed in but i will fix it if i decide to keep them. Even with 1 tweeter damaged they are still competing hard for my speaker spot. Read more about these in my JM lab review and why i might want to keep them still!

Right now i am selling them... £230 unfixed (new tweeter is £45) very rare on the 2nd hand market and in mint condition except for 1 tweeter which is easily fixed. Bargain price for such a good pair of speakers, will dem' if requested. Look very nice with their blue horn loaded tweeter at the centre of the main driver and pod mounted super tweters with sound to match. Unfussy about positioning and partnering equipment.
    Location is norwich .

Maple finish
    4months old
    Super high quality gold 5way binding post-extra 1 for grounding
    Pod mounted super tweeters shich reach 53khz
    6" Dual concentric drivers
    fully boxed+manual

These are never heavily discounted if at all, £450 new
    For more info go on www.tannoy.co.uk

pm me if interested and we can discuss fixing the tweeter and agree on a total pirce fixed. Also got pics, just ask. :)

cheers
    Ultra

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
    Ultrasonic, Mar 25, 2005
Ask a Question