Tannoy Stirling SE + Rogue Cronus Magnum(90wpc)?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by omkara, Nov 13, 2010.

1. omkara

omkara

Dear All,
    Glad to have found this forum, this is my first post and with this i introduce myself to all members, hope all of you are well!

I've a built a modest system over the last few months comprising of the following

1.Rogue Cronus Titan "Magnum" Integrated Amplifier with (90 Watts Per Channel)
    2.Cambridge Audio 650c Cd Player
    3.Technics SLQ-210 (Citroen Limited Edition) with Ortofon 2M Blue (MM Cart)
    (Just donated my Rega P3-24 to a School, and Technics is Just Sub for the
    time being, have my eyes set on a Clearaudio Concept or Michell Gyrodec next year)

All connected with DH Labs Cable Loom, The System is Powered with Shunyata Hydra2
    with Black Rhodium Super Jazz Mains Leads.

I am now left to upgrade my speakers which are Paradigm Titan Monitors (v.6) as i need to move the Paradigms to my Office.

I am anticipating to get something i wish to have for a long time, and have my eyes set on a pair of Tannoy Stirling SE - but have no clue if they are a match for my Rogue gear.

Anyone here with expertise on Rogue with Tannoy, please feel free to share your thoughts!

Appreciate your time.
    Omkara.

omkara, Nov 13, 2010
  2. omkara

peez

Hi there, I am based just outside London, UK, use Rogue Metis / Atlas with Zingali horns , which are similar sensitivity to the proposed Tannoys, where are you based?
    P

peez, Nov 13, 2010
  3. omkara

peez

ooops , malaysia, should have seen that. can you try a pair of the Tannoys at home?

peez, Nov 13, 2010
  4. omkara

Dev Moderator

Hi Omkara,

Welcome to the forum.

I've not heard the Paradigms, so cannot say how the Tannoy Sterling compare to them, but I expect them (the Sterlings) to sound very good driven by your Rogue. I have a Rogue Stereo 90 driving Tannoy D700 and am very happy with the combination. The combination gives me all the clarity and bass slam I want, with a well defined soundstage and a non-fatiguing sound.

Are you able to try the Tannoys at home? I'm wondering if you'll like their character after the Paradigms.

Dev, Nov 13, 2010
  5. omkara

RobHolt Moderator

The Rogue drives Dev's D700 very well.
    Stirling should be an easier load so no problem at all.

RobHolt, Nov 14, 2010
  6. omkara

omkara

Thanks guys - i settled for the Magnepan 1.7 instead, (1/2 the price of sterlings) unbelievable value, and matches superbly with the Rogue Cronus Magnum, Tannoy has very poor distribution/sales/support in Malaysia, as a result they ticked me off ( they don't seem to know whats a Sterling SE is, i figured probably, i will never get to see let alone audition a pair - i had to go the planar way:)
    My system :

Acoustic Signature Challenger MK2 (Rega RB301 Arm) with Ortofon 2M Blue
    Decware ZP3 Phono Stage
    Rogue Audio Cronus Integrated Magnum Version
    Cambridge Audio 650CD Player (Transport) - DAC is by-passed by M2Tech's 32 bit "Young DAC"
    Magnepan 1.7 Planar Speakers.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    omkara, Aug 19, 2011
  7. omkara

Tenson Moderator

I like your avatar picture :)

Tenson, Aug 19, 2011
Ask a Question