Tda1543 Dac

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by STELLABAGPUSS, Feb 9, 2014.

1. STELLABAGPUSS

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

Just after some opinions on TDA1543 DAC, I was thinking of purchasing one, but with so many on the market, I wanted to ask, why do the some manufactures vary the amount of TDA1543 chips, some have just one, some four and some even 16 !

The one, that seems to have had good write ups, as a single TDA1543, and the sales pitch, is less is more = better quality. (look below)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Non-Overs...s&hash=item2eccc3cf23&clk_rvr_id=584273393382

Any opinions, or experience would be gladly recieved

Damien

STELLABAGPUSS, Feb 9, 2014
  2. STELLABAGPUSS

mjp200581

Hi Damien,

I'm not to familiar with the TDA1543 but in the case of the earlier TDA1541 DAC you can find examples of top quality highly regarded CD players using one DAC chip (e.g. Nain CD3), two chips (e.g. Marantz CD7) and even four chips (e.g. Cambridge Audio CD3).

I don't know if there is theoretically a 'best' way of doing things but I think the fact that there seems to be no general consensus among manufacturers shows that excellent sound quality can be achieved with both single and multiple chips.

I suspect that other aspects of the kit design have greater impact on the sound quality.

mjp200581, Feb 9, 2014
  3. STELLABAGPUSS

Tenson Moderator

That seems a lot of money for a basic TDA1543 DAC. This chip was a mass-market part. Look out for a TDA1541 based DAC if you want NOS. This was the best Philips could make and hence it is in some top flight players mentioned above.

Tenson, Feb 9, 2014
Ask a Question