TEAC VDRS-7 manual (Daylight bl**dy Robbery!)

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Sauerkraut, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Sauerkraut

Sauerkraut Do I or Don't I? I did!!!

Just bought a 2nd hand Teac VDRS-7 without the manual, so asked the official spares people if they have one (preferably pdf version). Probably don't need it at all, but I like to read these things.
    there reply

Now is it just me or is this daylight robbery £15.32 I'll write it myself for that money, and then I have to wait a month for the privalige!

So on that note, anyone got one of these? If so and they were willing to post it to me (I'll pay for postage!) and I'll photocopy it and send it back. Or even better if they have one in pdf format they would be willing to send me a copy of it, then I would be very grateful.

Thanks all
    :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2004
    Sauerkraut, Jan 26, 2004
  2. Sauerkraut

hifikrazy

OK, ive censored my first few thoughts on that one. Thats really quite unbelievable, especially for just and instruction book (sometimes schematics can be more costly - but even then 15 quid is steep). Sorry i cant help you myself, but im sure someone somewhere must be able to. Like you say, you dont really need it. Press play - enjoy. :)

hifikrazy, Jan 26, 2004
  3. Sauerkraut

michaelab desafinado

It might seem a lot but don't forget that it's probably a pretty rare request and that type of thing usually costs a lot. I'm fairly impressed that they even have them still available.

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Sauerkraut

Nevertheless look at what happened to my cat when I told him!

Sauerkraut, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Sauerkraut

hifikrazy

hmm, maybe. But like they said its out of stock. That may well actually mean an order to somewhere else, or a reprint (some places can do a simple reprint job like that, as the manual is usually nothing flashy) Personally I still think its just too much to warrant buying it. Especially when you dont actually need it.

hifikrazy, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Sauerkraut

yep Hifickrazy, my thoughts too. Thats why I'm asking you kind fellows for a copy. Call me tight but i can think of better ways to spend my hard earned cash.
    Did someone say Pub?

And just to say when I asked Rotel for an instruction and technical manual for the RB970bx although it took a few days, they sent me both as pdf's free of charge (and the Rotel is no spring chicken itself, although not as old as the Teac). Now that is good service.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2004
    Sauerkraut, Jan 26, 2004
  7. Sauerkraut

Robbo

I had to pay $15 for a manual for my Audio Research amp. However, it did arrive the next day from the states, so I suppose the was price was fair enough, really.

Robbo, Jan 26, 2004
  8. Sauerkraut

£8 and next day delivery from the States, Bargain. Surely the post alone cost that?

I would be willing to pay that.

Sauerkraut, Jan 26, 2004
  9. Sauerkraut

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

What do you need a manual for? It will be the same as any other…

1) It will start with a incredibly patronising paragraph along the lines of “We would like to thank you for being intelligent and tasteful enough to buy our truly wonderful audio equipment…â€Â.

2) Next comes a load of get-out clauses to ensure they don't have to replace it due to their discerning customer being an idiot, i.e. “Do not immerse the player in water, subject to intense vibration, or place in a working microwave ovenâ€Â.

3) A simple line drawing of the front and back panels with the (already clearly labelled) functions numbered, very often including features only to be found on the model above the one you have.

4) A key to the above drawing with Japanglish translations for all functions, i.e. “15 -The play button pressed will ensure the CD heard is now forward direction musicâ€Â.

5) A list of international importers, most of which will have now changed.

6) A complex legally worded guarantee, almost always far better translated than the instructions.

That's it, can I have the 15.32 now please.

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 26, 2004
  10. Sauerkraut

Certainly more deserving of it!

Sauerkraut, Jan 26, 2004
  11. Sauerkraut

Robbo

I got a parts list and a circuit diagram with mine!

Robbo, Jan 26, 2004
  12. Sauerkraut

HenryT

15 quid for a manual? I think I can beat that one... ;)

Try asking Tag McLaren for spare parts, in particular the metal earth collars from the phono sockets of old Audiolab amps.... £30 - just to supply a damn small ring piece (sic :D ) of metal I kid you not! :rolleyes:

HenryT, Jan 26, 2004
Ask a Question