Teac VRDS-20...a few questions, opinions sought?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Will, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Will

Will The Lucky One

I know these are well regarded as a transport although getting on a bit age wise...

I have the opportunity to buy one for what seems to be a very reasonable price that has been looked over and tested by a local dealer. I just have a few questions about the player, I have discussed it with the dealer but figure I may as well open it up to you folks! :)

The player has no remote - anyone got a spare, or experience with, say, another Teac remote that will do the trick? Its not a deal breaker but remote is always nice to have...

Parts availability - I know the mech and lasers are temperamental and old on the VRDS, but I am unsure on what parts the '20' has and whether mechanisms are still available?

How wide is it - forget to measure it and won't get chance to get back to the dealer until next Saturday? Just curious as to how easily it will fit on the rack that I have! Google suggests 50cm but that seems a bit massive, it didn't look that big in the store....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    Will, Jan 16, 2011
  2. Will

RobHolt Moderator

On the remote, those programable 'one for all' units should be usable.

RobHolt, Jan 17, 2011
Ask a Question