Technics SP10 MKII discussion

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by scott_01, Sep 3, 2007.

1. scott_01

enjoy_the_music

Yes I believe it reduces that chances of resonance at any one frequency. The Cotter base is made up of 6mm and 4mm alternating steel/plastic sheets....weight estimates vary but between 50-75kg.

I like what Kuzma have done but I think there is more that could be done with the styling. Although I do not find it bad looking, quite the contrary.

Back to the Technics...fantastic turntable and I love what people have been doing here. I rate the Kaneda laminated bases over the obsidian any day. However you would think that given 20 years or so...that some new materials would offer greater advances.

I recall also that SAEC did a special base for the Technics...extremely rare and very heavy. A bit Micro Seiki-ish in styling with ability to mount a number of arms in the grooves along the sides. It also came in a cabinet too. See photo:

[​IMG]

enjoy_the_music, Sep 14, 2007
  2. scott_01

joel Shaman of Signals

If you really want to isolate your TT, put it in another room from the speakers. This works.

joel, Sep 14, 2007
  3. scott_01

enjoy_the_music

Unless your kid goes and twats it one :D

Yeah good call...but it's also a matter of isolating it from itself.

enjoy_the_music, Sep 14, 2007
  4. scott_01

joel Shaman of Signals

You certainly have to isolate the TT from itself, but airborne vibration is also a real issue with analogue.
    I suspect you really need to do both.

Joel (who's still waiting for the right Sp-10 to come his way).

joel, Sep 14, 2007
Ask a Question