teenage pregs.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lt Cdr Data, May 23, 2005.

1. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

article in the paper today....(and don't say don't believe what you read, as it names names and if it was untrue they would sue for libel :D )

teenage daughters ,3 of them, 16, 14 and 12 with sprogs!!

the 16 yr old has had 2 miscarriages and an abortion, so that's 4 attempts in as many yrs no doubt.

Mother blames school sex ed...eh? if you going to tell em what to do, surely they will go and do it?

and gets £31k a yr benefit, wants a bigger house from the council....its rife....if you have no prospects with rewards like this what's to stop you?

Lt Cdr Data, May 23, 2005
  2. Lt Cdr Data

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

One of them could be a grandmother at my age...

This is just wrong.

I-S, May 23, 2005
  3. Lt Cdr Data

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

This was on the BBC site too - see the other thread or here: Cheep tarts getting it all on benefits

And yeah, I *am* pissed off. Funny how disabled people like me are first in the firing line to lose benefits when we DON'T have a choice; these lazy chancers get the full whack as they use their kids for currency - they had a choice - the fathers could have got free johnnies on the family planning clinic on our tab - 30p a johnnie versus christ knows what in benefits.

Makes me really REALLY angry; one of these days I think I'll join the dole scroungers and get sacked - if it's good enough for an able bodied, lazy slob, why not a disabled person?

Oh yeah - forgot. I have a WORK ETHIC.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2005
    domfjbrown, May 23, 2005
  4. Lt Cdr Data

tones compulsive cantater

Last time I was in Manchester (to talk to a major client), I noticed an amazing number of very young women with babies - perhaps it's having daughters of that age (or older!) that made me notice. Very sad, as their lives are effectively ruined. It's something you don't see in Swizzieland. This does not imply any superior virtue on the part of the Swiss - I suspect it's a mixture of a tough school system, which has no hesitation in failing you, the fact that you need something (such as a successfully-completed apprenticeship) to get on in life and the lack of the Anglo-American concept of "dating". My girls have male friends and will go out to the cinema with them, but there's no "romantic" attachment whatsoever.

tones, May 23, 2005
  5. Lt Cdr Data

T-bone Sanchez

Whats really disturbing is the age at which kids are becoming sexually active, again I blame the media. An ex-gf of mine got pregnant at 16 and that was MAJOR news, now its the norm.

Those STD clinics are going to be very busy.

T-bone Sanchez, May 23, 2005
  6. Lt Cdr Data

Matt F

What's also disturbing is the names of two of the three poor so and so's:

T-Jay and Amani (sic?)

I've long believed certain sections of society should be forced to pick their kids' names from a given, acceptable list (and to be limited on how many Xmas lights they may display externally) and this has only strengthened my view on the matter!

Matt.

Matt F, May 23, 2005
  7. Lt Cdr Data

Joe

This is by far the most sensible suggestion I've read on this, or any other forum.

When I were a lad, all blokes had sensible names like Peter, John, Paul and Chris, and all the girls were called Susan or Mary. Joe was regarded as a bit exotic.

Joe, May 23, 2005
  8. Lt Cdr Data

Bloody chavs.

I don't think they'll be "poor" either - thanks to our benefits system.

I don't get it - ANYONE can get free contraceptives from the Family Planning clinic - a tax burden of, what, 30p compared to £££££££££s seems fair to me. You won't stop people sh*gging, but at least if they use the pill or a love glove they won't have kids to use for free meal tickets, whilst no doubt not worrying about if the kid's brought up properly.

This is the sort of situation where a WORKHOUSE seems ideal.

domfjbrown, May 23, 2005
  9. Lt Cdr Data

rsand I can't feel my toes

Compulsary abortions for underage pregnancy! All, ALL chavs should be neutered, with a rusty hack saw - FFS stop them breeding!

rsand, May 23, 2005
  10. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

What's also disturbing is that the 12 yr old is wearing makeup.

Nothing wrong with that in principle, girls do 'try out' makeup and play around with it, but this one is 'made up' there is a difference between a kid playing around with it, and one dressing with it.

She looks like she is about 15, the full works, foundation, mascara, blush....for that, only the media can be blamed. I am seeing many 12/13 yr olds with manicures, I find that wrong.

11. Lt Cdr Data

Matt F

I've since come up with a couple of other ideas - one a little controversial:

1. Young lads and lasses can sell their fertility for £500 (maybe even £1000) of Argos vouchers. They get the vouchers immediately after having the snip.

2. Young girls to receive a £250 payment if they reach the age of 21 having not produced any offspring.

Matt.

Matt F, May 23, 2005
  12. Lt Cdr Data

Joe

What we really need is some incentive for middle-class women to breed at all before they reach the menopause. Maybe the baby bonus should be on a sliding scale, with more money going to married women who went to private schools and who give their offspring names like Julian and Rupert?

Joe, May 23, 2005
  13. Lt Cdr Data

badchamp Thermionic Member

< old fart mode on>

When I was at school - ok this is 30 years ago - a pregnancy at the school was an absolute scandal. Rumours etc would fly around the school for weeks in hushed tones. Seems to me suprprising that secondary schools (oe whatever they are nowadays) don't have creches for the pupils :eek:

<old fart mode off>

badchamp, May 23, 2005
  14. Lt Cdr Data

Badchamp - even in 1988 this was the case - remember when the character in Grange Hill got up the duff??? Chrissie, was it???

From that to THIS In 17 years - that's flippin' frightening...

domfjbrown, May 23, 2005
  15. Lt Cdr Data

badchamp Thermionic Member

Reading the article, I notice the mother doesn't seem to take any responsiblity. Suppose its much easier to blame the schools/ teachers/ system !

Hate to think how much these three kids (the young mothers that is) are going to cost the state in total throughout their lives!

badchamp, May 23, 2005
  16. Lt Cdr Data

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I don't know if anyone here has ever played the computer game "Tropico". In that, your citizens walk around with a big arrow over them, the colour of which shows how happy they are.

I propose a similar thing, with the colour of the arrow dictated by amount of contribution to and amount taken from the social security system. I envisage many people with big red arrows over their heads...

I-S, May 23, 2005
  17. Lt Cdr Data

As Thom Yorke says 'nice dream' a name and shame system. I prefer a benefits cut off period for the able boddied. Frankly any child getting pregnant (or sowing the seed) should be put into foster homes as their parents are failing them badly.

rsand, May 23, 2005
  18. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

hmmm yes, bit of a joke for the big muther to say its all the schools responsiblity to teach them, nothing to do with me.
    Perhaps a draconion solution is the only one, put the young mothers in foster homes and foster their children off, make the whole shebang illegal

wonder what good old Mick Parry would have to say on this issue :D

then how many would do it?

19. Lt Cdr Data

The babies should be taken into care at any rate, the children are not fit to be parents (had no role model) and their parents obviously havent a clue.

rsand, May 23, 2005
  20. Lt Cdr Data

johnhunt recidivist

best let social services at al decide the fate of all concerned.

rsand - where's the proof for you statement, do you know them?

the often displayed ignorant indignation on this forum makes me sick

johnhunt, May 23, 2005
Ask a Question