Terratec Aureon... an interesting digi source...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by I-S, Nov 14, 2003.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Well, my new soundcard arrived (a bargain at £31!). Playing out through the optical connection to the superDAC it sounds WAY better than the computer ever has done. It's listenable now!

However, the Aureon has some interesting tricks up its sleeves. We all know about reclocking a CD player, but a soundcard? Yes, indeed, the soundcard can be reclocked! Not in exactly the same way though...

The aureon can be slaved to an external clock, via its digital input. Thus, if it was connected to a reclocked CD player's optical out, it could then be slaved to the clock of that, for 44.1kHz sampled material. Interesting possibilities arise there....

Overall, for the money, it makes a superb partner to an off board DAC. If you don't have a DAC, then go for the terratec EWX or the M-audio Audiophile 2496, but if you do, the Aureon does the biz... And I got it for £100 less than either of the other cards...

I-S, Nov 14, 2003
Ask a Question