The Art Of Noise..

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by nando, Apr 12, 2012.

1. nando

nando nando

ok, so we have now so many devices that will source music, I.E. i.pods, x-boxes, download from the net, etc,etc, untold devices of listening to your favourite noise, i have tried the lot, but somehow i still love the noise that vynil gives not only a pleasure to use and hear, but i know is not as convenient as digital sources but to each it's own,i do not say that they are all bad, i love my cdp and daB TUNER but it is a pleasure to play and listen to vynil, what do you all think about "the art of noise" ?

nando, Apr 12, 2012
  2. nando

Tenson Moderator

I can appreciate and enjoy the process of playing vinyl; it's nice to take care of, nice to watch going around, nice mechanics on the player etc..

However, I appreciate the unlimited music available on Spotify much more :)

Tenson, Apr 12, 2012
  3. nando

nando nando

i can understand the choice of music available on spotify, i tried to convince my self that putting vinyl on the "click" would give me audio pleasure but i much prefer to put them on my teac cdr-w 890, somehow it is more carefully dynamic,

nando, Apr 12, 2012
  4. nando

rsand I can't feel my toes

I've not really touched digital source since buying the turntable, obviously the dynamics of vinyl are the biggest factor but the whole process of playing them is more rewarding, I took music more for granted with digital skipping over tracks, repeating the same tune over and over and moving to a different track before even finishing the one already playing. In some views this is convenience and a good thing however I'm appreciating albums more as a whole now so I'm getting better value from each album all be it at a higher price (I remember when cd's were double the price of vinyl)

rsand, Apr 17, 2012
  5. nando

nando nando

the price of "rare" or vintage vynil is going up on price, i have purchased some 180 grs presings from original vynil i have, somehow i prefer most of the original pressings, recently i compared supertramp "BREACKFAST IN AMERICA" the original is better,

nando, Apr 18, 2012
  6. nando

Jimbo

I have just gone computer audio and i must say i love it. The cd player is now in the loft. Using Jriver and their app on a tablet is so convenient. I can just sit there and make my own play lists, select a whole album and listen to radio when i can find how to get it working. I do all this without moving out the chair (what a lazy sod eh).

Jimbo, Apr 18, 2012
  7. nando

tell me about it, a copy of counting crows first album went for over £100 last month :(

rsand, Apr 18, 2012
  8. nando

nando nando

i still got a copy, amongst my almost 4000 vynils of all sorts of musi. :)

nando, Apr 19, 2012
  9. nando

Envy!

rsand, Apr 19, 2012
  10. nando

nando nando

i see now that m.f. have got the ipad app. for the clic, should be interesting,!

nando, May 4, 2012
  11. nando

Labarum

I gave all my LPs away 25 years ago. I have about one third of my CDs ripped, but I hardly ever listen to them. Almost all the time I'm listening to high bit classical music internet radio stations.

Wonderful!

Labarum, May 8, 2012
Ask a Question