The Beldini Clarifier

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Jul 18, 2007.

1. zanash

zanash

that should have said BEDINI ....fat finger's

A friend has lent me this .....disc spinner

knowing how interested in odd ball tweaky things I am....

I've tried it ....on a number of disc run up for 30 plus seconds
    replaced the battery and tried again ....

so far....its a nil result

just too check remove davidf iso feet ....sound went back to dull and squashed ....so I'm assuming the unit has no effect or the unit is dud .......

anybody got one of these things to work ...what am I missing ?

My friend ...only thought he could tell the difference ..which suggests small to none existent.

zanash, Jul 18, 2007
  2. zanash

zanash

No one tried this ?

zanash, Jul 19, 2007
  3. zanash

Dev Moderator

Are you surprised? The biggest tweaker here thinks it's a dud and you expect others to try it to prove otherwise? or even to agree? Maybe they've just accepted your verdict.

Dev, Jul 19, 2007
  4. zanash

Effem Cable manufacturer

As I understand it, this is in effect a demagnetiser so in the absence of any ferric particles in the construction of a compact disc I rather doubt it's worth. It may arguably help to reduce the static charge on CDs but I don't have that problem anyway.

Effem, Jul 19, 2007
  5. zanash

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Quick tones! Maybe this one will work for you!

I-S, Jul 19, 2007
  6. zanash

tones compulsive cantater

Not me, Isaac! If anyone is interested, the patent for the device is US 5487057, and it can be found on and downloaded from Espacenet.

http://ep.espacenet.com/

Just put "US5487057" in the number search section.

There isn't much theory given (a patent doesn't have to explain why a thing works, it just has to say, in essence, "if you do this and this, you get this beneficial/improved result"). However, it seems to say it has an effect at the electron level. Here's part of the preamble:

1. Field of the Invention

The invention relates to the general field of playback of recorded conducting media or conductors, more specifically, an apparatus and method that reduces electronic relaxation noise, also known as "linger noise", that exists in information recording medium.

2. Description of Related Art and Information

The utility of the present invention is based on fundamental laws of nuclear and electronic physics at the electron level, particularly with respect to electron gas relaxation phenomena in conductors immediately preceding the initiation of normal current flow per ohms law.

For current to flow through a medium conductor or a conducting plate (conductor) that involves electromagnetic (EM) effects in recording and playback, and in transmission of signals, and thus to provide signals through normal circuitry, conducting plates, etc., a finite time is required before the flow is established, and before stability, referred to as a "stable signal" or stable flow pattern, can be established. This time delay is referred to as electron gas relaxation time.

I don't know enough about it to comment, but the fact that many of Mr. Bedini's inventions have to do with perpetual motion machines says lots about him. As the USPTO doesn't accept patents on perpetual motion machines, the language has to be disguised.

P.S. Haven't the time to read it properly, but one thing strikes me immediately as odd. That preamble says this:

The utility of the present invention is based on fundamental laws of nuclear and electronic physics at the electron level, particularly with respect to electron gas relaxation phenomena in conductors

Why then does Mr. Bedini treat not conductors, but very non-conductive CDs?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
    tones, Jul 19, 2007
  7. zanash

zanash

well glad we can agree......

had another go this morning ....

doesn't do anything to the cd's tried so far.

But doesn't that just go to show how system/person dependant things can be.....

I would not say the unit doesn't work ....it just does nothing in my system.

I've spotted
    http://www.britishaudio.co.uk/bediniultra.html
    so its on sale in the uk. The reason being, we have legislation that covers trades descriptions, consequently anyone buying a pup has recourse to the law. So it has to do what it proclaims, the suppliers must be happy that it does what was intended and can demonstrate it, otherwise they would open them selves to prosecution.....unless I'm misreading the legislation.

That said .....the owner "thought he could hear a difference"....where as [and you'll like this, not a lot] the blue light had a substantial effect in his system....the only thing holding him back was the excessive cost.

zanash, Jul 19, 2007
  8. zanash

zanash

Oh ...yes a magnetic field will effect any material ,it does not need to be "ferric or magnetic" in itself....

the whole science of Spectroscopy and NMR machines rely on the behaviour of atoms, ions etc in magnetic field.

Just looked up the patent ...at least it shows whats in the device..

but it still doesn't do anything for my discs...[10 more tried]

zanash, Jul 19, 2007
  9. zanash

tones compulsive cantater

That's not strictly speaking true. Small magnetic fields have no effect whatsoever on materials that are not at least paramagnetic. Even in the case of NMR, where the fields are enormously powerful (people with pacemakers aren't allowed in the same room as the thing and the wearing of watches is not advised) and focussed on very small samples, there is no permanent effect. This is used to detect hydrogen atoms and determine their environment, thus allowing the formula and even shape of a molecule to be determined. When the field is removed, the molecule is the same as it was before.

tones, Jul 19, 2007
  10. zanash

wolfgang

Oi.... If you have not tried it please shut up. You shouldn't discourage people who might want to try it one day. I don't know the forum is full of bloody sceptics nowadays.

wolfgang, Jul 19, 2007
  11. zanash

mosfet

zanash wrote:
    Have you even read the legislation zanash?

Advertisers can say pretty much whatever they like on the Internet with little fear of prosecution even when they are knowingly setting out to deceive. Hence all manner of bullshit on the 'net from quantum pendants, energised water and microchips which claim to make cigarettes safe to smoke.

Advertising which appears in print is more closely regulated by the ASA. But even here the ASA relies largely on Joe public making complaints rather than pro-active enforcement of advertising codes.

So, if the same product claims for the Clarifier are made in print as on the webpage you linked to, and the retailer does not hold objective substantiation for those claims, then advertising codes are being broken.

mosfet, Jul 19, 2007
  12. zanash

zanash

So ?

obviously then no complaints mean ....

a.it works
    b.it doesn't but nobody has the gumption to address the issue or they get a full refund so there happy .....

but doesn't address the issue of the question I raised, others must have posted about the none effectiveness of the item ?

if I'd bought the unit [which I have not], if I was unable to get a refund ...I'd be straight down to TS ...then the CAB. Am I the only one that would do this ...no I don't think so. So that leaves us with the notty issue of some people actually finding it works for them, hence my original post

But I agree with you assessment of the law as it appears to stand.

zanash, Jul 19, 2007
  13. zanash

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Perhaps Zanash you have put this particular tweak to the sword to prove that you are not sucked in by 100% of the snake oil out there?

garyi, Jul 19, 2007
  14. zanash

Stereo Mic

I've never tried peeing on passing cars in the hope they stop and give me a lift but feel pretty qualified to say it's unlikely to work.

Stereo Mic, Jul 19, 2007
  15. zanash

dean.l

oh but it will, try it on a police car :)

dean.l, Jul 19, 2007
  16. zanash

dean.l

ps. Has anybody actually tried to make a system sound bad by "magnetizing" it, just to see if it does anything ? :)

dean.l, Jul 19, 2007
  17. zanash

Stereo Mic

I had my room blessed by the spirit of Cannonball Adderley. Only $5 from a really helpful spiritual site based in Oregon.

System sounds superb. Room treatment that works.

Stereo Mic, Jul 19, 2007
  18. zanash

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

I played some Celine Dion once ... it took a week of Johnny Cash to clear the spooks out of the wires.

Uncle Ants, Jul 19, 2007
  19. zanash

zanash

are you for real ?

either grow up or get a life preferably both ...

zanash, Jul 20, 2007
  20. zanash

zanash

thats actually a rather interesting suggestion ....I've no idea how you could achieve it....

zanash, Jul 20, 2007
Ask a Question