The best a man can get?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 7_V, Nov 14, 2004.

1. 7_V

stumblin Kittens getting even...

Umm, and what pubs do you go in that a smooth undercarriage stops you from getting served? :eek:

stumblin, Nov 14, 2004
  2. 7_V

Mr.C

...or you could just grow a beard, like me :D

Mr.C, Nov 14, 2004
  3. 7_V

Have done, several times. Problem is that I'm 26, clean shaven I look 30, and with a beard I look 35. Has it's advantages for getting respect at work, but not a benefit for a single guy on the look out!

stumblin, Nov 14, 2004
  4. 7_V

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

You're bluffing. Even Mel Gibson uses foam.

Mind you, like Analoguekid I shave against the growth, at least when it comes to the neck and chin. Reckon that makes me pretty tough myself. ;)

Also, cut-throats - what's that about? Do they have any advantages whatsoever?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2004
    7_V, Nov 14, 2004
  5. 7_V

Cut throats are damn sharp and have nothing to hold the blade back. Of course this also means it has nothing to keep the blade at the right angle. Basically if you can use them you'll get a damn good shave. If you can't you end up looking like Freddy Krueger. A few years ago my flat mate got one. Once he got over slicing his face to ribbons he got the closest shave I've ever seen on anyone.

stumblin, Nov 15, 2004
  6. 7_V

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i occasionally dry shave if i'm in a hurry and my stubble isn;t too long. otherwise slap a bit of soap on and hack away. sometimes use king of shaves cream afterwards or just splash on the alchohol and brace myself.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Nov 15, 2004
  7. 7_V

merlin

Then he's a wuss too! What was that film he did about thinking like a woman?

I am happy to demonstrate my shaving technique an any future bakeoff - in fact it would be a good idea to get various products around and do some comparisons. Sure beats cable swapping ;)

merlin, Nov 15, 2004
  8. 7_V

sideshowbob Trisha

I use a bit of soap and a Wilkinson Sword Quattro. Battery shavers are for girlie-men. They seem to work by trying to vibrate the hair off of the chin, not a strategy that works IME.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Nov 15, 2004
  9. 7_V

michaelab desafinado

I beg to differ :) . I had always used Gillette shaving gel until a mate recommended Clinique M Shave Aloe Gel to me and it was a revelation. Much nicer to use and a noticably closer shave too. A little goes a long way too, which is a good since it is expensive but I wouldn't use anything else now.

I have a ceramic kitchen knife. It's excellent. Extremely sharp and never goes blunt (that's the point of them). Only downside is that if you drop it onto a stone floor or similar it will shatter. Cost £70 though :eek: . They have some ceramic knives at Conran and Divertimenti in Fulham.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 15, 2004
  10. 7_V

joel Shaman of Signals

Best idea of the year so far. I will be wanting the video!

joel, Nov 15, 2004
  11. 7_V

joel Shaman of Signals

Cut throats (as used by the expert barbers at Trumpers) give a reeeely close shave. You ususally get off light with only a couple of nicks. And then they splash on the alcohol to bring you round :D

joel, Nov 15, 2004
  12. 7_V

michaelab desafinado

I remember reading about a survey a while back which said that most men don't enjoy shaving and find it rather a chore given the choice of having their facial hair permanently removed (electrolysis, laser treatment etc) 80% of them (those who found shaving a chore) wouldn't even consider it, even if it was free.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 15, 2004
Ask a Question