The digital revolution ????

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by digital convert, May 19, 2005.

1. digital convert

digital convert

Hi folks ..i'm new to all this so be gentle...
    Close to completing my system
    Mitchel GyroDeck (new suspension & DC motor & HR PU)/SME IV/Ortofon Kontrapunct B/Tricord Delphini Mk II+PSU
    Stello CDT 200 Transport
    TacT RCS2.0S 2 Channel room correction Pre-amp
    TacT SDA2175 power
    B&W Nautilus 803's
    Exact Power EP15A mains AC regulater
    Kimber monocle X speaker cable
    TacT reference Interconnects and power leads

The instalation of the Tact equipment has been a revalation and looks (or should that be sounds ) like the technology has come of age.
    Highly recommend a demo of this kit if your in the market for new and cost effective kit.
    Very interesting review of the SDA2175 in June issue of Hi-FI world.
    As i say i'm now a digital convert!

digital convert, May 19, 2005
  2. digital convert

Lefty

Hey DC,

Welcome to the forum :)

Nice system! Reading about the whole TacT and room eq thing I must say that I'm more than a little intrigued. I'm toying with the idea of one day getting a TacT SDA2175 power amp to partner with my NAC 72. One thing that I would be worried about however is my TT.

I know that the SDA range is supposed to be "semi-digital" but am I right in thinking that this just means that it accepts analogue inputs but the amplification is still purely digital? If that's the case, surely it defeats the point of having an "analogue" source? How fo you find it sounds with you Gyro?

Lefty

Lefty, May 19, 2005
Ask a Question