The effect of vibration on the music playing system or

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Oct 16, 2007.

1. zanash

DavidF

No.

:)

two points here (possibly three) ;

1) I have plenty of positive support elsewhere

2) think about this one now......would YOU send them to MIke???

the possible third) This really doesn't worry me!

Frankly i'm a bit tired of this unpleasantness.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
    DavidF, Oct 28, 2007
  2. zanash

Shiner

You have support from people who have a similar outlook to unbiased testing...

Yes, in your position.

Grow up.! What you dont like is being asked to prove that your products really work.:rolleyes:

Shiner, Oct 28, 2007
  3. zanash

DavidF

I have support from people who like what they do!!!!!

fine....

I am grown up, thankyou.

From your rudeness I wonder if YOU are?!

What a ridiculous statement to make!

Just slightly lacky any form of logic!

I think I've made my position pretty clear now.

End of discussion gentlemen

DavidF, Oct 28, 2007
  4. zanash

Stereo Mic

I don't think it is really David. It's certainly the impression I and others have garnered from your evasiveness I'm afraid.

The more I point this out, the more you accuse me of being "sneerdy" (if there is such an adjective). That only reinforces the impression.

Stereo Mic, Oct 28, 2007
  5. zanash

rollo

What is the point of all this bullshit. I have just read all the posts and frankly I find no problem with Zanash or David F. A bliond test is not required her. Each sysyem their products are placed in will extract different results. Everything for some reason makes a difference. Wether or not its works in YOUR system is the only parameter we should be considering.
    IMO I believe all deserve a fair shake. To all stop the personal attacks, this forum has more class than that.

rollo

rollo, Oct 28, 2007
  6. zanash

Stereo Mic

It's not bullshit. The only potential bullshit is the claims being made for products repeatedly on this forum. It's not bullshit that some of us offered to test these products under controlled conditions and the vendors dodged the bullet - again.;)

Always loved Rollos.

Stereo Mic, Oct 28, 2007
  7. zanash

JCL

Eh ? (at Rollo)

The way I see David has nothing to loose if he subjects his cones to a A-B test. At the moment people doubt they actually work and they also think he's a chicken for not subjecting them to a test. If he stands by his cones and they fail under test conditions he's way more of man than the usual snake oil accessory brigade.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
    JCL, Oct 28, 2007
  8. zanash

rollo

Fair enough. Can we agree on a method of testing. Can we measure a difference? Listening is too subjective. Why I think its a waste of time is that someone who puchases the product will not measure a thing. They will listen to the product in their system and make a judgement.
    However if we can measure vibration before and after the installation I am for that. Now that does not mean after the measurements it gets the blessing or not.
    David, go for it man. We all may learn something here. At this point nothing lost and probably gained.

rollo

rollo, Oct 28, 2007
  9. zanash

Stereo Mic

Rollo,

IMO it's got nothing to go with measurements. It's all about listening.

Those who order up something from a forum merchant don't listen - they see and touch. I'm suggesting just listening - for eductational purposes.

Stereo Mic, Oct 28, 2007
  10. zanash

Tenson Moderator

Is David allowed on the listening panel? Assuming its a blind test of course. Maybe he just doesn't trust the ears of the people you might pick or volunteer?

Tenson, Oct 28, 2007
  11. zanash

Stereo Mic

People like me are deaf and cannot be trusted Simon. I've never owned a decent hifi in my life - not like some of you.

Stereo Mic, Oct 28, 2007
  12. zanash

JCL

Shut up Mic I think we were making some headway towards an A/B then !

JCL, Oct 29, 2007
  13. zanash

zanash

But mic doesn't want that .......I offered him cables but he refused to accept the limitations I required ...[just that they were preproduction test sample an not a commercial product therefore I was not prepared to allow forum discussion on an incomplete product].

Do I have a job ...what a funny question on a hifi forum rather personal too ..rather too personal for my liking

We've had our differences and although I'm not vindictive and have forgiven the name calling ...unfortunately not everyone is the same ....if you tell people some thing thats untrue you need to be very certain there not going to be off to there solicitor ....remember what is written here still fall within the law. So I say again.... certain things that have said about some people are untrue. If it was me I'd go back and correct them post haste, a sorry also helps when you get thing wrong, this meant as a little friendly advice take it or leave it ...its no skin of my nose.

back to the thread......

No one as I can see is attempting to make people buy these...for god sake... you can, for no money make a set your self if your so inclined. If you can't then Davidf has offered to make you a set at a reasonable rate to cover his costs. Unfortunately this seems to have upset the resident guru who has switched to hifi nanny mode and is thrashing about and trying to put a stop to something that in his opinion can't have an effect. Where as most people would rather like to make up there own minds.

The feet I've heard don't work with all gear ....my power amps for instance. Where they do work is under cdps and pre amps for reasons that I suspect are to do with the original reason for the thread.... so hears a short list of kit thats benifited

cdp's/dacs
    quad 99
    audio synthesis dax decade
    lite dac ah
    scr2496 [two different ones]
    deq2496 [three different ones]
    aa5
    aa5plus [three different ones]
    aaa5
    aa5z [two different ones]
    marantz cd67
    rotel, denon sony several models from each that I can't remember the numbers
    sb3

preamps

quad 77
    diy stepped attenuator passive
    diy alps blue passive
    beard ca506

to name but a few ....

I also remember hearing jimbo's system he'd used scholl foot rubbing blocks as recommended on TNT it was clear these were having some effect ...but then the hifi nanny intervened. Its a shame jimbo was so upset by the abuse he got for raising this issue.. as he had some other good ideas that he might have passed on, to the benefit of the silent majority.

Its clear to many that just changing the way a cdp/pre etc interacts with its support surface will affect how it reproduces music ....those that can't tell either have great gear or fantastic support equipment or are just unable to discriminate the differences. But don't let anyone tell you what you should or should not think ......go out and try it for yourself and then stick the proverbial digit in the air if it does it for you !

zanash, Oct 29, 2007
  14. zanash

Stereo Mic

A lie. Pure and simple. Not that I would expect anything else. Where did you manage to edit this in? What would be the point of blind testing then keeping the results secret?

Oh I don't know. I think there are some people who would be interested if you are otherwise gainfully employed, or if you are at the mercy of the government.

Go on big boy - sue me. Don't waste my fucking time with childish insinuations like that. You make claims that you cannot back up. You spout bullshit left right and centre and take money off readers of this forum. If anyone is dishonest here buddy it sure isn't me.

As for the rest of your Monday waffle, why not take the challenge laid down by a number of us? Chicken? Or charlatan?

Stereo Mic, Oct 29, 2007
Ask a Question