The future of the USA

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tones, Nov 15, 2004.

1. tones

tones compulsive cantater

Borrowed from another website:

Recent news of the US erection has shown that the USA is not one country but two, a sensible, normal, rational one and one consisting of rednecks, Holy Rollers, halfwits and people motivated entirely by greed (people may of course belong in more than one of those categories). The solution is clear - secession. Now the seceding parts of the former USA have the slight problem of there being several thousand miles of raving nutcases and assorted yokels between them. However, it has been done before. Pakistan was once two bits, with a big slab of India in between. This was done at the insistence of Mohammed Ali Jinnah, who wanted no part of an independent India, as desired by the British and Gandhi. It didn't last (East Pakistan is now Bangladesh).

However, the two civilised parts of the former USA have one thing that Pakistan didn't have - a common border with a civilised country to the north. Therefore, I propose to you, the Federal Republic of Yewestan, combining the east and west coasts of the Disunited States of America. Yewestan would conclude treaties with Canada, which would allow east-west communication, to the mutual benefit of both. Yewestan would have dual capitals in New York and Los Angeles, and would have an open door for the expected flood of political refugees

The rest of the DSA would become the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth, otherwise known as HolyRollia. HolyRollia would have Crawford TX as its capital, from whence Pope George I would dispense divine favours and absolution. HolyRollia could then be left to rot in its smugness and sanctimoniusness.

The armed forces of the DSA would be renamed The Salvation Army. There will naturally be protests from That Other One, but HolyRollia will maintain that fine DSA tradition of completely ignoring facts that it finds inconvenient. The individual soldiers will be called Crusaders and will wear crosses on their body armour. They can then properly perpetuate the fine tradition of murder and pillage of the originals.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2004
    tones, Nov 15, 2004
  2. tones

julian2002 Muper Soderator

has anyone read heinleins early future history / revolt in 2100? FRIGHTENINGLY prophetic of an american religious dictatorship..
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Nov 15, 2004
  3. tones

michaelab desafinado

2100? His prediction was 96 years too late....

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 15, 2004
  4. tones

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

watch out, watch out there's a capitalist left about :p

wadia-miester, Nov 15, 2004
  5. tones

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

[​IMG]

old, but bang on the money...

I-S, Nov 15, 2004
  6. tones

joel Shaman of Signals

As if the average British adult has any more idea about the world.

joel, Nov 15, 2004
  7. tones

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

We may shout loudly at foreigners in our own language when they don't understand, but at least we go there to do it.

I-S, Nov 15, 2004
  8. tones

julian2002 Muper Soderator

michael,
    2100 was the year of the revolt - after about 100 years of religious tyranny so fairly accurate i'd say.
    i'd say that the average european is slightly more aware of the world around them and of outher cultures than the average american. that said the amarican stats are probably dragged down by some of the southern states if you know what i mean. imho this is down to the fact that in general european countries are smaller than america and therefore any external culture will have a larger impact on the people living there than the same amount of influence would have on america.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Nov 16, 2004
  9. tones

tones compulsive cantater

Isaac, on your map, the USA appears to have surrendered the sovereignty of the Sandwich Islands.

tones, Nov 16, 2004
Ask a Question