The grains of sand have been counted for you.........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cookiemonster, Aug 7, 2003.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

You have a day to live - how will you kill the time. Having lunch with William Shakespere and other such ideological and utopian misfits are unacceptable. Your enforced physical/financial and time/space environment/conditions and parameters still apply.

Your time starts now.........

cookiemonster, Aug 7, 2003
  2. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

'No man is frailer than another: no man more certain of the morrow'
    Seneca

'Why, in so brief a span do we find strength to make so many projects'
    Horace

'When i die, may i be in the midst of my work'
    Ovid

'Our first hour gave us life and began to devour it'
    Seneca

3. cookiemonster

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Right - ANYTHING you want to do right?

Well, if it's a 24 hour period, I'd choose 10am -> 10 am. First off, I'd fly to New York on Concorde, and base jump off the Empire state, to get me in the mood. Then I'd fly back to Heathrow, and meet up with all the mates I could possibly cram together, meeting in a good pub, and then proceed to a blinding psy-trance night at the Stratford Rex (Dark Soho, Cosmosis, Infected Mushroom and GMS would be live PA-ing in the main room, with Morcheeba and Portishead in the chillout room!) and dance the night away on anything I could get my hands on (I'm going to die right!?). Then, I'd hit an after party at 6 when they kick out, and make love to the girl of my dreams until 9.59, and then just hold her until the inevitable.

Of course, taking in the sunset and sunrise while I'm at the whole process.

And I'd use my overdraft, building society, and credit cards to fund the whole thing (about 7k available) - I'd try to blag Concorde on a late filler. If that didn't work, well, stuff it, just spend the whole day in London with the mates, drinking, strolling along the Thames, and taking in the sunset. I'd ultimately like this to happen on 2 clean, crisp and reasonably warm September/October days - so it's cool enough to feel nice when leaving the club, but warm enough to feel nice arriving at it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2003
    domfjbrown, Aug 7, 2003
  4. cookiemonster

penance Arrogant Cock

Id spend time with my Mrs penance and a nice quiet outdoors place
    time to say goodbye and also a place that is relaxing

penance, Aug 7, 2003
  5. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Tick Tock Tick Tock:D

ssssshhhhhh i'm thinking:rolleyes:

6. cookiemonster

space cadet Far out...

I'd just chill out with my wife and kid, play some music, relax... pretty much like any other day. I like my life...

space cadet, Aug 7, 2003
  7. cookiemonster

Sgt Rock

Dom,

Concorde is being taken out of service soon, best do your base jump now :D

Sgt Rock, Aug 7, 2003
  8. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Dom, that would involve telling her first. Does that help you with your other thread?

9. cookiemonster

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Hmm, well, need to pay off debts and look to future - if I KNEW I was going to die I'd blow all the dosh! Base jumping only 'cos I'm dead in 24 hours anyway, so what the hell - don't think I could do it right now.

As for the girl of my dreams, well, THAT one's a mate anyway, but if I had one day to live, I'd pop the question. As it is though, I have a good solid mate there (I hope) so wouldn't mess!

domfjbrown, Aug 7, 2003
  10. cookiemonster

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

CM, your digging up all the oldies mate, I hate a 'fervent discussion on this with De-vinci a while back :)
    We both concured on this, 24 hours is enough time to 'prepare yourself' for the greatest journey you can have 'After mortality'
    Music of course, will feature in that preperation time, along with a good Claret and family, simplicity is greatest key to enlightenment, on all things greater than mortality, which is by definiation, just a merest drop in the ocean of time :) Tone

wadia-miester, Aug 7, 2003
  11. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

WM sir, good to see your ship passing these waters, refueling no doubt, before another interstellar journey to lands and time warps that are beyond even the imaginations and dreams of the mortal mind mechanics.

Oldies, and well trodden paths i concur. But my motives are one of constructing a solid baize plastered plateau upon which to line the harbours of secrets on opposing coloured squadrons, and to despatch the fledglings in chasms of darkness with a large chalky stick. Its not the game that counts, its how you play it. I don't hold the all the goodie bags, and welcome with arms of sugar coated almonds the warriors of original interpretations on the best and most curious ways to chalk up and thrust ones implement for the most mesmorising of showdowns. The safety game is unfairly dismissed in favour of a full card despatch, how's your father, burn the leather pocket sockets by the clock approach. I find good things come to those who wait, and preperation is the key to an engaging battle. Fertile soil needs to be coerced gently to the surface of the clay infested earth, and once blinded by the rays of dazzling sunshine, large, succulent fruits and fine aromas will behold the erstwhile scorched earth.

:D :) Simplicity is the choice sauce of any fine diner. Indeed, i think any meal is ultimately incomplete without it. The richer, spicier accompaniements have a tendency to leave a somewhat bittersweet flavour on the palatte, once the initial pangs of lust have waned.

12. cookiemonster

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Excellenta' mon ami', a fine and well reasoned approach, to a merest hint of what lies within, the deep cravasses of true & enlightened thought, for those that are, and indeed within the the fabric of the universe know that, finding the 'way' is but simple, all the options weighed, yet given the breifest of nureo inflections, before dispatch unto the void of irrelevenices.
    The game is not a foot :D , but tis a thought chasing moment caught in the eon's of the universe's conceptions (big bang, for what do they know? :) ), tis a merely a spot on the fleck of dust that is ............, well you & I are aware of this concept, having travel the astral and earthral planes for many a millenia, but to 'Induce' such a concept to these very limited speices is both against Their 'moral codes' and our own style, better to Dine with the 'Seekers of the table', than to Nosh at the Burger van, aloofness no, for treating all elements of construction as equals, is a prime motivation for all 'seekers of the Table', more a alternitive view on the multi-dimensional speices interaction and role play, tis a rare oppotunity, to Dine at the table, has been many long eon, I shall relish this 'suitable time' welcome to the table oh reasoned traveler

wadia-miester, Aug 7, 2003
  13. cookiemonster

sideshowbob Trisha

Nobody knows when they wake up in the morning whether it will be their last day, so everybody has a responsibility to their own intelligence to live every day in such a way that, if it was their last day, they could die in a state of relative grace.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Aug 7, 2003
  14. cookiemonster

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

get up early (before 8am),fly to amsterdam in private jet,pick up a couple of kilos of the best smoking material they have ,a few thousand seeds and half a dozen of the best working girls to try a few things out.return to london, a quick a call to parliment for a dump on the speakers chair,and issuing the mps with a nice fat ciggy,drive up to buckingham palace in a steam roller for a quick shower before nipping down to hyde park for a spot of gardening whilst moterhead play in the bandstand.next stop the bank of england to pick up a few quid for me mum before a quick visit for tea ,finaly fly home with me "water sking "behind the plane,once home lock the door unplug the phone and say goodbye to the boss properly,and sod the credit card bill

themadhippy, Aug 7, 2003
  15. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

:) :) :)

....spoilt only by the aggravated circumstances of ones enforced habitat perhaps. In the sense that, unfortunately, however well trimmed and watered ones own internal vegetable patch, tomorrows weather forecast cannot be avoided, i note with dismay. It is impossible to disregard the future, however hard one tries, which is an enemy to living each day in response to the spontaneous impulses of ones own inteligence.(?)

cookiemonster, Aug 8, 2003
Ask a Question