The Power of the Media is Destroying this Industry

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by merlin, Nov 15, 2003.

1. merlin

PBirkett VTEC Addict

So do Krell make crap hifi then?

PBirkett, Nov 18, 2003
  2. merlin

lowrider Live music is surround

There are lots of envious people who make "negative" comments about what they cannot afford... :p

lowrider, Nov 18, 2003
  3. merlin

merlin

What you mean people who own Theta, Levinson, Naim, Audio Research............ Actually the truth is that the majority of those that slate the Krell gear, are previous owners of it that got sucked in and have now graduated.

Still, I'm not knocking it per se, just the fact that idiots buy it simply because it's a Krell and WHF and M. Colon jizz on the ceiling just at the very mention of the name. That's the behavior that is killing hifi.

FWIW Antonio, as a previous Krell owner, the Sim kit and tone's BC wipes the floor with everything from the big K except maybe the very top of the range FPB's. Even then it's close with most speakers and the price difference is huge, all no doubt down to the cost of buying the marketplace!

merlin, Nov 18, 2003
  4. merlin

lowrider Live music is surround

I didn't say it was better or worst that any particular brand, and it depends a lot on personal taste... :p

But they do some things better than most, others not as well, as all kit does... :MILD:

lowrider, Nov 18, 2003
  5. merlin

HenryT

OK, that's what I thought I was buying originally over the standard version. Not as bad an impression as I originally got from ye earlier post. I know the price differential of the upgraded/different bits is very minimal compared to the retail price of Iso vs Iso-HR, but ho-hum. :)

HenryT, Nov 18, 2003
Ask a Question