The Zutons

Discussion in 'General Music' started by MO!, Mar 18, 2004.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I heard Creepin An A Crawlinon the radio a few MOnths back (I think it's when tunes from Radioheads HTTT were due to get their first radio previews), and made a note of it.

Remember liking the tune, but didn't get round to tracking it down.

They were on 4 Music, or whatever it's called, last night and were being interviewed while a few tracks played in the background.

They were saying how they didn't like the way "lazy journalism" was looking bunch the bands coming out of liverpool lately togeather. And how despite comparisons to the Coral being inevitable, they should be taken on their own merit. Damn straight!!!

As I've said elsewhere previously, a lot of "indie", rock, guitar music lately bored me silly. However, the Zoutons have sparked my interest! Sort of somewhere between the Coral and the Kings of leon, with some saxaphone thrown in too! Fresh, catchy, and creative! <<insert other buzz qords here>>

The albums due out on the 19th of April and I'm looking forward to it. They're touring april and may too.

There's some audio on these two sites.

http://www.thezutons.co.uk/

and

http://www.thezutons.cjb.net/

There's a track here - http://www.thezutons.co.uk/hauntsme/ that's available as a download only and nowhere else. THey ask for an email address and name.

MO!, Mar 18, 2004
  2. MO!

angi73

Heard a few of their tracks, ive got a XFM session version of "zuton fever" which aint bad. definately worth looking into, although not sure how good the album will be. Never really liked the coral much myself somehow, i have seen them two years running at V festival and enjoyed the second gig a lot more.

Might try and make it to the colchester arts centre to see them, which would be nice.:)

angi73, Mar 18, 2004
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Picked up the album and listened to it a few times now.

Very impressed! A good mix of tracks. Some nice ballads and some MOre full on stuff.

Well worth a listen!

MO!, Apr 24, 2004
  4. MO!

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Picked this one up on Friday on the strength of recommendations both here and on a couple of other forums. They don't bring anything particularly new but it's an album of very good, easily memorable and quite infectious tunes, could well be one of those albums that will be fairly unavoidable over the summer, a bit like The Thrills last year. Think the stand-outs for me on this one so far are You Will You Won't and Confusion. Definitely one of those albums that grows on you with each listen.

The artwork's pretty cool too.

ilockyer, May 3, 2004
Ask a Question