Thiel CS2.3 speakers

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by JANDL100, Feb 25, 2008.

1. JANDL100

JANDL100

FOR SALE: THIEL CS2.3 speakers

105 x 39 x 26 cm. Weigh about 60-70lb, I guess. A slightly awkward 1 man lift.

Stunning openness, clarity, transparency & dynamics - electrostatic speaker sound without the compromises in dynamics and frequency extension!

See Soundstage review http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/jon01.htm ...

"if you are an electrostatic owner who is frustrated with the inherent limitations of the breed, you need to hear the Thiel CS2.3"

"What we have here is a very sanely priced package that delivers near edge-of-the-art resolution and dynamics, seamless coherency, along with extension at the frequency extremes"

See Stereophile review http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/220/ ...

"The Thiel CS2.3 is a superb loudspeaker, and an eloquent testimonial to Jim Thiel's design expertise and his company's manufacturing skills. So many loudspeakers for which technical or theoretical accuracy is claimed don't, in practice, come close to the CS2.3's clear, uncolored sound. Other manufacturers may brag about designing for the most musical presentation, measurements be damned, but their speakers can't deliver nearly the sheer musical enjoyment I got out of the Thiels."

(A Stereophile Class A Recommended Component)

_____

Excellent condition - pretty much MINT really!

I have the original boxes and packing.

Collection only (Gloucestershire) - or you can arrange a courier! Demo a pleasure.

Asking £1150 or offer. These sold for £4k in the UK, I believe.

[​IMG]

By the way, the Yamaha NS1000M in the photo were totally stomped on imho by the Thiels and are long gone! :MILD:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2008
    JANDL100, Feb 25, 2008
  2. JANDL100

JANDL100

Sold

JANDL100, Feb 27, 2008
Ask a Question