This week I've been MOstly watching...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MO!, Apr 26, 2004.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Well not necessarily this week, but some films I've seen recently and enjoyed.

Freeway (Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland)

Seen this on TV last week (think it was C4). Missed the first few minutes :rolleyes: Really enjoyed it and would be interested to see the sequal (none of the original cast). I'm not going to do a long review/description. It's a sort of MOdern twist on Little Red Riding Hood. After Witherspoons MOther and step father get arrested she escapes being taken into care. On her way to granny's house things take a turn though.
    It's filmed, acted, and scripted well and though some of it is OTT, it adds impact (and entertainment :D ) to the story. The violent actions being a reaction to how society has treated her.

Well worth watching!

MO!, Apr 26, 2004
  2. MO!

sideshowbob Trisha

Flew back from the States today, the inflight movie was Tim Burton's Big Fish, which is mucking farvellous. Brilliant film, go and see it.

On the way over the entertainment was Mystic River, which is also terrific. Sean Penn has the best hair in contemporary film.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Apr 27, 2004
  3. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I've heard very mixed views about Big Fish ranging from brilliant to utter pants.

I watched O Brother Where Art Thou the other night!

Brilliant!

George Clooney and two others escape a chain gan style prison. Have a "wacky" adventure in early 19 hundreds deep south america. Funny and surreal troughout. One of the MOst entertainting films I've seen in a long time! Well worth watching!

MO!, Apr 28, 2004
  4. MO!

sideshowbob Trisha

Trust me, it's great. Can't understand why anyone wouldn't like it. Has an emotional punch that none of Burton's other films have, much as I like most of them. Looks great too, as you'd expect.

O Brother's a top film. The Coen brothers rule.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, May 3, 2004
  5. MO!

julian2002 Muper Soderator

2 best films i've seen recently are spun and igby goes down. saw kill bill 2 the other week and it was ok but there was a lot of dialog just for the sake of it which jarred with the rest of the film. it felt as though tarantino had put it in just to answer those critics who said kill bill 1 didn't have a 'like a virgin' conversation equivalent when the kb fillms just didn't seem to be that kind of film to me.
    i'm waiting for big fish on dvd, although i'm not a big tim burton fan.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, May 3, 2004
Ask a Question