This Woman's Work

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Active Hiatus, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Active Hiatus

Active Hiatus

In readiness for November and the release of Aerial I bought This Woman's Work. The collected works of Kate Bush upto Sensual World. Along with the studio albums are two discs of singles, B sides and TV work including "Ken", which was the title music to The Comic Strip Presents...GLC. The only thing missing is The Red Shoes.

It is years since I listened to much of this body of work and I was struck at how fresh it still sounds 25 years down the line. An evening of total immersion in Kate is just starting. I'm in love all over again.

A good purchase, especially so for the disks of non album material which are not the usual out-take rubbish fillers but worthwhile in their own right.

Active Hiatus, Oct 19, 2005
  2. Active Hiatus

Anex Thermionic

I'm looking forward to the new one :) Hope its going to be on lp though, I've not heard it mentioned so far

Anex, Oct 19, 2005
  3. Active Hiatus

robert_cyrus

robert_cyrus, Oct 19, 2005
  4. Active Hiatus

Active Hiatus

Bought Aerial. Love it. Best thing she's done in a decade ;) Can't recommend it highly enough and it keeps getting better with each listen.

Active Hiatus, Nov 14, 2005
Ask a Question