Thorens 124 Mk1 and Townshend Rock 2 For Sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by nat8808, Jul 12, 2011.

1. nat8808

nat8808

A couple of turntables from my clearout..

First up is a Thorens 124 Mk1:

[​IMG]

It was modified in the early 90s to the then 90s way of doing things: (Now rare) Papst motor was obtained from Thorens (then still available) and installed. Clutch was removed. Spray painted a nice deep cherry red! The Papst motor was thought to be better than the original back then but now things have turned around and people prefer the original..

It has the very heavy (and so more solid sounding, better speed stability etc) cast iron platter and because of this uses a thick Osawa mat to seperate the cart from the mass of iron.

Works perfectly (without a clutch and the heavy platter, it takes a little while to get up to speed before you drop the needle) and has a nice plinth. SME mounting. One mark on plinth at the side from me and plinth is home-made by previous owner.

I guess I'd take £550 ono for it - originality seems to be the rage these days and this isn't as original yet a very good deck.

Next is the Rock 2:

[​IMG]

Again working perfectly. Linn mounting, spare and unused belt, various bottles of stuff like cleaning fluid . Sounds good, looks good! Not much more to say.

£275 ..

I'm in central London but could post if need be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    nat8808, Jul 12, 2011
Ask a Question