thoughts and views on PMC OB1's

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by gshayer, Oct 6, 2004.

1. gshayer

The Devil IHTFP

I don't really hear imaging very often. I think it's generally overstated by the mags, etc. I think it's only really present on some well-recorded acoustic music.

The Devil, Oct 11, 2004
  2. gshayer

Tenson Moderator

It is definitely better on well recorded music where they don't close mic everything, but I am surprised you don't hear it. Hmm.. Don't hear it, don't hear it on your system, or don't care/pay any attention?

Tenson, Oct 11, 2004
  3. gshayer

sideshowbob Trisha

I don't much listen for it. And when I do, I find I'm not enjoying the music as much.

-- Ian

sideshowbob, Oct 11, 2004
  4. gshayer

The Devil IHTFP

Don't care all that much.

Paul D set up the Chesters, toed-in quite a lot, with his amp etc, and I thought the imaging was very good - but might just have been the music which he played. At home, I tend to lie sideways-on to the speakers and either read or just listen if I'm on my own, otherwise I tend to chat. I've got some orchestral pieces which seem to image quite well, but then I've got to sit up, which is a bit of a nuisance.

I can never really place the bass instruments, but the higher pitched things like flute and triangle, are much easier to spot.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2004
    The Devil, Oct 12, 2004
Ask a Question