Thread title links in Safari (Mac)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by michaelab, Mar 1, 2006.

1. michaelab

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Still no spell checker though.

garyi, Mar 3, 2006
  2. michaelab

yorkio

If I understand correctly what you mean by keyboard shortcuts for favourites, then Safari has this already - Apple-1 to Apple-9 are shortcuts for the first nine bookmarks in the bookmarks bar (whether it's visible or not).

yorkio, Mar 3, 2006
  3. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Honestly Gary, what the hell do you need a spell checker for in a browser? Do you spell check your forum posts? This has to be at about no. 29256 on my list of useful features to have in a browser.

yorkio - didn't know about the Apple-1 to 9 shortcuts in Safari but this is nothing like as useful as the keyboard shortcuts in Firefox or Camino where you associate a short word or sequence of letters with a bookmark. If you then type that into the address bar and hit enter you go to the bookmark. For example, I have 'zg' setup to be Zerogain so I just type zg and Enter and I'm there (well, here). It's actually much faster than using normal bookmarks because it doesn't involve the mouse.

Michael.

michaelab, Mar 3, 2006
  4. michaelab

jtc

Spel chekkers are four chumps

jtc, Mar 3, 2006
Ask a Question