Tom Evans Linear A

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by jazid, Dec 15, 2011.

1. jazid

jazid

Well time has come to part with my lovely Linear A. It is a beast, dynamic as anything, silent into sensitive speakers, punchy rich and lucid, also it has legendary synergy with AvantGarde speakers. Rated at 25 WPC it has a lot more grunt than one would expect. It even drove a pair of AE1s, not that I used it for that...

The amp is in mint condition in and out, and comes with all packaging in a huge crate. It was sent to Tom around June last year for a new power transformer, he did some tweaking on the Lithos board, and put new stock EH valves into it as well. It is now at full curent spec except for the speaker terminals being original silver plated ?copper? and soldered to the internal wires, rather than solid copper and crimped to them as Tom now does.

I am looking for £2200 plus insured carriage for the amp. The stock valves have possibly 10 hours on them. The amp is alternatively available for £2400 with a set of Phillips EL84 valves (as well as the stock valves). These have around 200 hours on them and are boxed Amplitrex matched NOS. In my opinion - and I did a lot of rolling - these valves bring out the best in the amp.

I have moved on to 300b amplification so it is sitting idle currently, a waste. No low offers please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jazid, Dec 15, 2011
  2. jazid

jazid

Well keep the queue ruly folks. OK, £1999 with stock valves as a pre-eBay tease

jazid, Jan 2, 2012
Ask a Question