Tom Evans 'The Groove' Phono-stage

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Paul Gravett, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Paul Gravett

Paul Gravett Vinyl music lover

FS: Tom Evans 'The Groove' Phono-Stage

'The Groove' is one of the best phono stages around. This one is in near mint condition with just a few light hairline scratches only visible on close-up inspection under strong light. It doesn't come with its original box but will be packaged very securely.

I purchased it just over a year ago secondhand. The serial no. is 000227 and the settings are .2-.5mv and >100ohm but they can be altered if it is sent back to the manufacturer. I used it with Linn Akiva and Dynavector 17D MkII cartridges.

'The Groove' has a well-deserved reputation for a natural and dynamic sound and an 'inky blackness' from which the music emerges. HiFi+ waxed lyrical when reviewing it a few years ago:

The Groove doesn't just open the gate, it takes off its hinges, flattens the posts, tramples the walls and sets free the livestock [How's that for poetic licence?!]

Current retail price is £1900 and I'm looking for £975 which includes postage anywhere in Britain.

Please email [email protected]

Here are links to pictures:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/pgrav2667/TomEvansGrooveCrop1.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/pgrav2667/TomEvansGrooveCrop3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2006
    Paul Gravett, Apr 5, 2006
  2. Paul Gravett

Still available. Price reduced to £1050.00 + postage. Open to sensible offers.

Paul Gravett, Apr 28, 2006
  3. Paul Gravett

Price now reduced to £975 which includes postage to anywhere in Britain.

[email protected]

Paul Gravett, May 12, 2006
Ask a Question