Tom Evans TT PSU for Michell Gyro/Tecno

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by scoobs, Nov 6, 2007.

1. scoobs

scoobs

I have for sale a rare and outstanding Tom Evans power supply for DC powered Michell Gyro and Tecnodec, unfortunately this unit is not compatible with Orbe motors.

The front panel has a speed pot that is altered with a flat head screwdriver, this is just for trimming the speed and not for adjusting between 33 and 45, you will use the belt pulley for that purpose (it is currently set perfect with the use of a strobe). Also a captive lead that connects via a mini (3 pin) xlr socket to your DC motor. (male xlr adapter supplied if required) The back has an IEC power socket and power switch.

The unit was made in very small volume to order by Tom Evans specifically for the Michell Gyro hence the reason why you will find virtually no information on the web about this unit. I have only managed to find two reviews (look under Tom Evans DC PSU)
    http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/reviews/review.pl?Action=FindCat&CategoryID=Turntables

The unit is 3 years old and has been used very little as it came ex-demonstration. I have used it for 6 months. so it has not seen a lot of use, and is in pristine condition.

In a nutshell it is a very high spec limited edition product that will provide an substantial upgrade to any other power supply available for the Gyro / Tecnodec, it easily outperforms the HR with un-surpassed rock solid stability, greater coherence, fabulous dynamics and taught textured bass. Together with this it is engineered and built to last a lifetime.

The unit is 230v, it's also heavy and solid, this is reflected in the insured special delivery shipping cost.

The unit is in pristine condition. I'm selling it because I have moved to a direct drive turntable.

£425 inc shipping

Thanks for looking

scoobs, Nov 6, 2007
  2. scoobs

starcrazy

Hi,
    have you ever compared it personally with the HR psu?
    Mail me at [email protected] so we can discuss a price.
    Regards, Pat

starcrazy, Jan 30, 2008
  3. scoobs

scoobs

Sorry Pat but this sold months ago, I should have closed the advert.

Regards

scoobs, Jan 31, 2008
  4. scoobs

starcrazy

Can I then get the buyer's data, please?

starcrazy, Jan 31, 2008
Ask a Question