Townshend Rock II with modded RB300 + extras

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by monty99, Jul 18, 2009.

1. monty99

monty99

Selling a very nice Townshend Rock II with trough, paddle and screw-down clamp. Fitted with a modded RB300 (rewired internally and externally at Rega to latest 301 spec) and AT95e cartridge with brand new stylus (to get you going - the RB300 with its great bearing will of course handle cartridges right up to high-end stuff £1000+).

Unusually this Rock comes with a spare factory armboard for Linn fitting (so you can really have any arm of your choice should you want to experiment). I also have a brand new custom-made cover for it which I had made but forgot to order the cutout for the cables! Quick dremmel or hacksaw job and you have a lovely 5mm perspex cover for it (cost me £56 plus postage). Alternatively you can have a Mission Isoplat isolation platform that I've been using with it, next best thing this side of a £300 Townshend Seismic sink.

An early Rock II on its own (no arm or cartridge and without the extra bits) went for £317 on feepay the other day, this arm is worth about £150 unmodded and has had £90 of factory mods ... Anyway with all the bits, I'm looking for for £425 for the package.

This TT will knock just about any LP12 for six and is equal (if not better) to the new Townshend Rock 7, which has had serious quality control problems and costs £2000 fully specced up without a cartridge. If I didn't have a Rock Reference already, I'd be keeping it (was bought for a mono turntable experiment which I've had to wind up due to space issues).

Would consider swop offers for EAR kit, a nice phono stage, digital streaming kit, a decent dac, or a nice headphone-headphone amp combination, preferably that glows in the dark. (if that sounds like a pretty wide net then I guess it is ...) and might take p/ex of some of the above towards it.

Pics available on request. For collection only (Berkshire).

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    monty99, Jul 18, 2009
  2. monty99

monty99

sold pending payment

monty99, Jul 19, 2009
  3. monty99

harnfield

Perspex cover for Townshend Rock

Please will you share where you obtained your cover. What did it look like? Was it hinged?

I have seen a Cranfield Rock with smoked perspex cover with rounded corners, hinged. I would prefer a clear cover in style of the Linn LP12.

Max Townshend offers no cover for the Rock V. Possibly such might measure 515 x 415 x 110 mm depending on what kind of cover & how fitted.

harnfield, Aug 21, 2009
  4. monty99

harnfield

Perspex cover for Townshend Rock

Please will you share where you obtained your cover. What did it look like? Was it hinged?

I have seen a Cranfield Rock with smoked perspex cover with rounded corners, hinged. I would prefer a clear cover in style of the Linn LP12.

Max Townshend offers no cover for the Rock V. Possibly such might measure 515 x 415 x 110 mm depending on what kind of cover & how fitted.

harnfield, Aug 21, 2009
  5. monty99

monty99

Not hinged ... a perspex box covering the whole lot along the lines of the ones for Gyrodeck etc.

Having said that you could try the company I used, they may be able to have one done. £59 plus £10 postage is very good value for what they did for me.

Retail Engineering Design Ltd
    +44 1482333800
    [email protected]

monty99, Aug 23, 2009
Ask a Question