Transcription Audio 45W battery power amp

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by julesd68, Jul 7, 2011.

1. julesd68

julesd68

Here I have a very rare and special 45W battery power amp for sale.

A joint-project between Transcription Audio and AudioFlair, it was hand-built with top notch components. Wired with flat silver in ptfe sleeving, custom made paper in oil input capacitors, four of the best Sonnenschein batteries and Audio Note silver connectors. Tweaked to give more depth and tighter bass. It is unusual in not using Digital modules, running in Class A/B. Build quality is bomb-proof but I don't recommend putting a grenade under it ...

The sound is exceptionally natural and detailed. When I first started using the amp I was immediately aware of that almost inky black silence behind the music that only battery amps will give you. It is an incredibly versatile performer which will handle any genre of music - it would have to be to handle my staple diet of classical and 70's rock!

To get the very best out of this amp I strongly recommend using high sensitivity speakers. Difficult to put a figure on it, but upwards of 90db will really make this baby sing. I once heard this amp with a pair of Audio Note AN-E's and have never heard Led Zep sounding so good and "in the room"!! Reason for sale is that sadly I was not able to find suitably efficient speakers with my meagre funds.

As I would like a quick sale, I am only looking for £1000. This is great value for money as there were only a few amps like this made and they have been selling for upwards of £1600.
    Also included is the charging unit.

Would prefer collection from Highgate, North London but will also courier at cost. Paypal or cash on collection is fine.

Photos to come, thanks for looking! :)

julesd68, Jul 7, 2011
  2. julesd68

julesd68

julesd68, Jul 9, 2011
  3. julesd68

julesd68

Fantastic bargain at the price - will consider very close offers to £1000!

julesd68, Jul 10, 2011
  4. julesd68

julesd68

Now back on sale after deal fell through!

julesd68, Jul 13, 2011
  5. julesd68

julesd68

price reduction - £900

julesd68, Jul 14, 2011
  6. julesd68

julesd68

Price Reduction

£850

julesd68, Jul 20, 2011
Ask a Question