Triangle NAIA, any comments

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Gustavo, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Gustavo

Gustavo

I'm planning to replace my actual paradigms studio reference 60 for an other pair of speakers, I'm looking for a 3 way full range model, and the new Triangle NAIA are one of the possibilities I have (for the price of course), but the Chilean dealer actually doesn't have any of them for a review, I wish to know if somebody in this forum have ever listen a triangle speaker, and If someone have listen a Naias.

Thank you in advance.

A picture of them:

[​IMG]

Gustavo, Feb 9, 2004
  2. Gustavo

yogus

Heard a Triangle Celius on the weekend, and had one word for them... coloured.

They were dynamic, but the bass was flabby and uncontrolled. Treble was incisive and a bit brash. I felt you needed a decent tube amp to match with them, TBH.

Not sure how NAIAs would compare at pretty much twice the price. I didn't bother listeninig to them cos the wife thought they were just waaayyyyy too big.

They are fairly huge spkrs BTW.

yogus, Feb 9, 2004
  3. Gustavo

Gustavo

Thank you for the feedback, I read from some test that it can sound very bright with some electronics. Also the break-in time is "very" long. At least it will be very hard to match.

Thank you again.

Gustavo, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Gustavo

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Triangles are a bit bright, it's a French thing. But they're not rubbish by any means. I've heard them sound coloured too, but a better amplifier always cured it. TAG 60i was all that was required for Celius IME.

Cheers

timpy, Feb 9, 2004
Ask a Question