Trichord Clock3, Clock4, and PSUs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by michaelab, Aug 6, 2003.

1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

I picked up my Teac T1 transport last night :) turned out the seller was a guy who works at the Audio-T store in High Wycombe and knows merlin...seems like he's in that shop every day :D Top bloke anyway and nice doing business with him - he has a pair of Dynaudio Countour 1.3s aswell which means he must have taste :D

Anyway, back on topic. On the mods I want to do. Discussed this a bit in the "Silence Please" thread but wanted to ask a few questions about the various Trichord mods available (feel free to reply WM :D ).

Thing is, the Clock4 and Never Connect PSU are pretty pricey: £149 + £175 :cry: Now, I already have a Trichord digital output board and PSU in my old Marantz and was thinking of maybe re-using them instead. The digital output board (DOB) is basically a Clock 3 with a digital output section tacked on.

So, how different are the Clock 4 and Clock 3? Also, the "Never Connect" PSU from Trichord looks very similar to the PSU that came with my DOB - so, how different is the Never Connect from the older Trichord PSUs?

Michael.

michaelab, Aug 6, 2003
  2. michaelab

merlin

That would be because the manager is a good mate of mine and I only work part time;)

SJ was gutted having to sell the T1, he's also trying to sell the Contours to raise some cash if anyone's interested:eek:

You might want to speak to John Cheadle, he really konws his onions when it comes to the Teac.

Cheers

Michael

merlin, Aug 6, 2003
  3. michaelab

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

JC also knows his onions when it comes to the clocks...

I-S, Aug 6, 2003
Ask a Question