Turntable setup....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tim F, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Tim F

Tim F

Hi All,

As I'm currently messing around with my Nots Analogue Interspace, I thought I'd better learn about setting it up and so I'm dropping a quick post.... well lots of questions anyway!

I bought the CR-B5 scales to get the tracking grams correct on my Grado prestige gold, I think it's 1.5grams? For anyone wondering this unit is the same as Roskans or at least looks the same! + costs half the price.

Next I was wondering about cart alignment. How much should I spend \ which unit should I get to check this? I have seen a HUGE variation in price from free print out to the fancy Clearaudio High Precision Alignment Gauge.

As far as VTA goes I'm not even sure how to change my height on my Space Arm. Anyone know?

The weight on the Space Arm can be moved to the side, completely confused if this is a setup option or just the design of the weight, does it matter if it's to the left or right, see below for hi-tech diagram (looking down the arm with the weight underneath).

three posibilities for arm and weight (dashes added to make it display properly).

arm
    O----O------O
    !!-----!!----!!
    weight

Is there any point getting a circular bubble type level measurer. I've got one with three bubbles in it, one North South, other East West and the other diaganol...

Any point in getting an anti-static gun or similar for the records?

Any other tips appreciated!

Thanks, Tim

Tim F, Oct 20, 2008
  2. Tim F

zanash

contact uncle ants......

he has one and knows what to do !

zanash, Oct 20, 2008
Ask a Question