Tweaking Audionet cdp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Czechchris, May 26, 2007.

1. Czechchris

Czechchris

Has anyone ever opened up an Audionet ART V2 cdp?

I am thinking of putting ERS paper inside but am unsure of how to take it apart. Do you undo all the allen screws and remove the entire top? This seems the logical way but I am wary of doing damage.

Thanks
    Chris

Czechchris, May 26, 2007
  2. Czechchris

zanash

lets see some pics

zanash, May 27, 2007
  3. Czechchris

denney10

I had to take the top off my Art V2 because the puck got pushed through the gap in the lid by a curious kid!

You do just remove the allen screws but be careful when removing the top as there is a wire or wires from the casing possibly relating to detecting the closure of the lid. Just slowly lift the top and check where the wires are fitted. They are a push fit so you can just push them back when you have done the mods.

If you don't want to do the mods yourself, I had mine upgraded by Audiocom in Pembroke Dock, coz I'm not up to doing this myself.

Hope this helps.

denney10, May 28, 2007
  4. Czechchris

Czechchris

Thanks for that, denney10. As a matter of interest, what mods did you have done, and what, do you think, the benefits were?

Czechchris, May 28, 2007
  5. Czechchris

denney10

Audiocom offer a range of mods starting at about £500 up to about £1500.

They had never seen Audionet before so was intrigued to hear it as standard and then made suggestions about how to improve.

I have always liked the bass but wanted a bit more in the mid area which I thought was lacking some detail. I had an upgraded clock fitted and then the digital side was modified. I think in the end I went for the "full works" costing £1500 but this was done over a period of time as the changes were burned in and then considered for further work.

The only concern I had at the time was that i was paying blind coz the work was being evaluated without me hearing the changes, but it has been worth it in the end. I never intended to change the player and I now feel that it gives me a lot more of what I liked and improved on the areas I thought were compromises in the original model.

You could give them a ring if you want and mention me (Steve Denney) and they will remember me no doubt as it's possibly the only Audionet they have seen and give advice on what they did. They do offer mail order for parts so if you know what you are doing you could do something similar for a lot less cost no doubt.

Cheers

denney10, May 28, 2007
Ask a Question