tweeter seas Excel millenium t25-002 or vifa D27tg-46-06?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by atcing, May 14, 2005.

1. atcing

atcing

I'm interested in ATC 20 but I need to know differents opinions about these two tweeters because atc used them (two differents versions) in this model. :confused:

Thanks for you reply in advance

Sorry for my english ;)

atcing, May 14, 2005
  2. atcing

Lt Cdr Data om

afaik, the vifa is the older unit, they changed to the seas to allow more hf for modern sources like sacd, could be wrong.
    vifa generally are cheaper,( living voice use them both woofers and tweets on the auditorium, and woofs on the avatar.)
    but still excellent. the vifa is no longer made, too I think.

Lt Cdr Data, May 14, 2005
  3. atcing

atcing

I'm using ATC scm 12. This speaker has a tweeter vifa D26nc-55-06.
    I have read this tweeter is a upgrade to vifa D27tg-46-06 (descatalogued) used in ATC scm 20 :rolleyes:
    This tweeter is a better (new) version to the vifa D27Tg.... :confused:
    Is it true? :confused:

Thank you for you reply

atcing, May 15, 2005
  4. atcing

dunkyboy

The tweeter in the 20s is the SEAS Excel. They originally introduced it in the Active 70 flagship and are currently using it in all the models from the 20s on up. The passive 7s, 12s and 35s, and the Active 10s, use a Vifa that IMO is considirably inferior (having moved from Active 10s to 20s). It's pretty good but the SEAS is extremely good.

I don't have much experience of the older tweeter used in the actives; I've certainly not had the chance to compare them back-to-back though I have heard Bub's Active 100s (with the older tweeter) and they sounded pretty good. ;) Perhaps not as sweet in the treble as my 20s but hard to say as Bub's system is very different to mine!

Dunc

dunkyboy, May 16, 2005
Ask a Question