two bananas into one - widget?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by midlifecrisis, Feb 11, 2005.

1. midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis Firm member

does anyone know of a widget that accepts two banana plugs and ends in a single one? reason is - my speakers like to be biwired (don't go there - have tried all permutations and they really audibly do), while my amps have single banana sockets with a cross-drilled shallow hole for bare wire. I can get both pairs in a t 90 degrees , but it doesn't feel that secure on the pair on the hole. I can't strip back to wire as they are VdH carbon fibre jobs, so a two into one 'splitter' would be handy (as long as it didn't affect the signal itself too much..)

midlifecrisis, Feb 11, 2005
  2. midlifecrisis

ListeningEar

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2005
    ListeningEar, Feb 11, 2005
  3. midlifecrisis

ListeningEar

...of course, you could do what many Audio Stores do; make up your own y-lead using the same type of speaker cable with the appropriate plugs/sockets terminated.

Or, use stackable banana plugs at the amplifier end. That would only require a re-termination of the plugs on the amp end of the speaker cable.

ListeningEar, Feb 11, 2005
  4. midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis Firm member

that's a good suggestion - I'd only need to get one set of cables reterminated with the stackable plugs
    thanks
    Midlife

midlifecrisis, Feb 12, 2005
Ask a Question