Ultra-pure, micron-sized silver flake suspended in a carefully- selected organic...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by 7_V, Mar 11, 2004.

1. 7_V

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Tone, I don't know what you're on tonight but you DID reply sooner. See the top of page 3 of this thread.

I know this because I replied straight after saying that if you played with the silver stuff I would too.

Didn't expect you to drink it though. :)

7_V, Mar 14, 2004
  2. 7_V

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

Sure, it would be fun to try.

I'll say it as I see it, and have no prejudices on it at all..

thanks for the offer mate.

Chris

bottleneck, Mar 14, 2004
  3. 7_V

scoop

If there's any left, I'm happy to give it a try!

scoop, Mar 15, 2004
  4. 7_V

dunkyboy

Yup, I'm happy to try it - as long as I don't have to plump up any cash. :D (I'd be happy to post it on to the next in line, of course.)

Dunc

dunkyboy, Mar 18, 2004
  5. 7_V

titian

Hallo everybody,
    just a quick update.
    Yesterday I tried the SST on my second system or lets say my wife's and children system. First I must say that the components (McIntosh MCD7007, C32, MC7270) are full of dust, the contacts also were quite dirty. The IC cables from the CD player to the preamp is just a little bit better than a normal one while the rest of the IC and loudspeaker cables are/were quite good ones.
    The power cables aren't replaceable that means they are just normal wires (could buy them for a few cents in a do-it shop) which go directly into the component. McIntosh like some other manufactories very probably never thought that power cables could / do make a difference.
    After applying the SST everywhere on the contacts the difference was major than on my main system. Especially the low ends were much clearer and extended. I didn't hear, though, much difference on the high ends and the midrange but since I didn't take so much time for a deep test, I very probably didn't take so much attention on these frequencies.

I had a long talk yesterday night with Lloyd about the Valid points, which I haven't finished to play around with, and his SST. He told me also to apply it on the pins of the cartridge also because in his opinion it is there where it makes the biggest difference (near the source). He also told me that even if a difference could be heard immediately, it really comes at its best after 12 hours listening. I put the stuff on the cartridge pins but the 12 hours of listening to music aren't over. On this I am not going to comment and it is useless to tell you that I cannot tell you the difference before/after unless I let my immagination go. Anyhow my experience with this stuff is very positive and I am very impatient to hear what the others will write about it. in the bottle here is enough SST to be used for 5-10 or even many more hifi systems so actually splitting a bottle of 70$ between 5-10 persons wouldn't make it expensive. But first let's see if it is only me (my immagination! :D ) who hears differences.

The bottle will be on its way to Steve in the next few days. Make up yourselves where it has to go afterwards. If at the end there is still some rest in the bottle, then send it back to me (or wait till I am in London to get it back)

regards

titian

titian, Mar 21, 2004
  6. 7_V

Wow, can't wait. I'll apply the SST and then I'll send it to Tone who can send it to Chris, etc. I'm sure we'll all post our experiences on the way.

Titian, please let us know if you hear any differences with your cartridge after the 12 hours has passed.

7_V, Mar 21, 2004
  7. 7_V

titian

Yesterday night I thought there was a difference again mostly on the volume and low ends. I will not be able to tell you a difference after 12 hours! How could I, I can't remember what I heard 12 hours ago. :rolleyes: :confused:
    Or am I getting too old? And as I said the differences aren't so extreme as like changing a whole component! Actually I should have been much more accurate when testing but to tell ther truth I didn't feel like to engage so much time.:newbie:
    Sorry. :gatling:
    I hope the next time I would me more 'professional'. I hope the rest of will be more professional than me. :D

titian, Mar 21, 2004
  8. 7_V

:Gulp:

7_V, Mar 21, 2004
  9. 7_V

What recommendations do people have for cleaning the contacts before I apply the SST? Anything I can find in the kitchen?

7_V, Mar 21, 2004
  10. 7_V

penance Arrogant Cock

brillo pad ;)

if you dont want to spend loads on a small bottle of contact cleaner then you could get a spray tin from an auto shop. Around £5-6 i think.
    Otherwise some form of solvent will remove grease etc but probably wont clean off any oxidisation.

penance, Mar 21, 2004
  11. 7_V

titian

So, guys, I sent SST to Steve a long time ago (months, years, centuries??) and I would like to know who has it now and if it was used..

Be careful not to put too much as I did: the crossover which I sent back to mile nestorovic was 'damaged' a bit since I put too much on a male chinch. One female chinch plug had a bit too much in it and the contact wasn't perfect, therefore 15 db less!
    After 6-7 times unplugging and plugging the problem was fixed.:rolleyes:
    Damn Titian!

titian, May 14, 2004
  12. 7_V

Apologies Titian.

I'm still sitting on the stuff (well not literally). I've been really busy finishing off the business plan that will attract investment to take Seventh Veil Loudspeakers to its next phase - exciting plans afoot. Anyway, I haven't had time to do anything with the SST yet.

I will try the stuff soon (sparingly as suggested) and will pass the magic liquid on to WM the next time we meet.

7_V, May 15, 2004
  13. 7_V

lowrider Live music is surround

I am very interested in the results too... :bookworm:

lowrider, May 15, 2004
Ask a Question