Unison Research S8 Valve amp

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Samantha, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Samantha

Samantha

Please note, this amp is very much loved and is only for sale as I have a chance to buy it's big sister the S9.

If the S9 sells, then I will keep this amp so sale will be withdrawn.

I love this amp, it reawakened my love of music.
    I purchased it from Doncaster HiFi Studios in August 2007. I had listened to LOTS of amps (SS and Valve) and had a few 'possibles' up until this was plugged in. As soon as I hear it, there was no contest. I didn't even know the price when I said I was buying it!

When I got it home, I plugged it into my system and people tell me that SBLs don't do bass - well, I heard them sing like I have never heard Naim speakers singing! I have since changed my speakers but the amp is what initially brought me back to enthusiastic enjoyment of my music.

It isn't wallet friendly as since buying it I have bought soooo many new records :D but I love it.

A few details.... Class A, 2x845 valves making it a pretty powerful beast + 3xECC82 valves.
    Hand wound transformers, beautiful spacious sound that you get with class a set amps, and ooodles of power. This really is a beaut of an amp.

You can get more info on the S8 here:
    http://www.ukd.co.uk/product.asp?ProductID=113&d=1

Unison Research quality is very high. This comes complete with the lovely cherry wood remote. Feel free to ask questions and I'll try to answer.

If you want to come hear it - more than happy to demo.

Price: £2,850 and if bought over Easter weekend - I'll include a free Easter Egg :cool:

Samantha, Mar 30, 2010
  2. Samantha

misterpete

It's a bit lonely over here Sam, so I thought I would say hi and please sell that amp before desire takes over from common sense!

misterpete, Mar 31, 2010
  3. Samantha

Samantha

Thanks Misterpete - it is indeed quite.

TBH, I had a really good music session at the weekend, a mate came and we were swapping bits of kit. Main reason was because he could never get his speakers sounding right at home.

Hooked upto the S8, they sounded better than I have ever heard ES14s

It is only for sale because of the S9 available, but a big part of me is wondering if I am balmy as I really enjoy my system as it is - so if it doesn't sell (and I realise few are spending on high ticket items right now)...... I will still be happy.

So really - I am in the same boat with the S9 - desire taking over from common sense - lol

Samantha, Apr 1, 2010
  4. Samantha

Samantha

Here is a piccie for you.....

[​IMG]

Samantha, Apr 3, 2010
  5. Samantha

ricky50

Wish I could afford this beauty and so local to me. Have a free bump on me Sam.

ricky50, Apr 6, 2010
  6. Samantha

Samantha

Hi Ricky - I think I have decided to keep it TBH now. It doesn't make sense to spend more cash when I already love the S8.
    I know the S9 gets rave reviews ...... but I don't feel I am missing anything with the S8.

How local are you?

Samantha, Apr 13, 2010
  7. Samantha

ricky50

Hi Sam, Just outside Doncaster.

ricky50, Apr 13, 2010
  8. Samantha

george2345

do you still have the s8 for sale ? tel 07717599966 near donny

george2345, Aug 4, 2011
  9. Samantha

george2345

do you have the s8 for sale still tel 07717599966

george2345, Aug 4, 2011
  10. Samantha

Andy 831

Sam does not come here often, give her a shout over at the Hi Fi Wigwam she is on there most days

Andy 831, Aug 4, 2011
  11. Samantha

Samantha

Samantha, Aug 5, 2011
Ask a Question