Unknown gear

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Aug 9, 2005.

1. zanash

zanash

I visited a workfriend of mywife's house.......they had some gear I had not seen before.

there were matching cdp and integrated amp. They both had a similar style flat dark grey front panels with blue illuminated display. The buttons were flush to the panel but made of a soft material the same colour as the rest of the gear. The cd draw was on the left of the display. the amp had a single knob in the centre below a long display window. The name looked like Minimum but was in an angular font and not too clear. They were bought from Chantry Audio a couple or three years back.

The had a matching small speaker sort of Ls3/5a size on Atacama stands.

Sound was good but not exceptional....mind you they were using cheap speaker cable and IC's.

Anyone any ideas.....I had not seen these before even though I keep on top of whats about.

zanash, Aug 9, 2005
  2. zanash

analoguekid Planet Rush

analoguekid, Aug 9, 2005
  3. zanash

Rory satisfied

Micromega Minium ;) they used to be reknowned for being...unreliable but having a good sound. NOt sure what they're like as afaik they don't use the Philips CDM12 transport any more.

Rory, Aug 9, 2005
  4. zanash

zanash

They have the family look but none on the website seemed to be the ones I saw....but they would be older models.

Intresting on the reliability thing....the cd sometimes doesn't catch the disc ...or can't read it. But its always the same disc but not everytime ???

thanks

zanash, Aug 9, 2005
  5. zanash

Markus S Trade

With good reason. Micromega once went bust because Philips sold them a batch of bad transports. The warranty costs were too high for the company to handle, and Philips didn't want to hear anything of it.

Markus S, Aug 9, 2005
  6. zanash

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

I have literally just given up on my Micromega stage5 - It was more reliable with the top cover removed :S - but a healthy dose of grease (bike grease iirc) was keeping it going for a while.

Now I have given up and want to buy a new cdp...maybe another thread.

lAmBoY, Aug 9, 2005
Ask a Question