Unwanted Mobile Calls

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lhatkins, Jul 16, 2004.

1. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Never heard of this happening by "default" mate, you must have asked Telewest to set it up like thtat,if you didn't give them a ring and tell them to take if off as its a PITA for everyone else! but like you say you normally ring using your mobile, and you call always leave a message or use "skp574" suggestion and put the 1470 before you dail my number.

lhatkins, Jul 22, 2004
  2. lhatkins

lbr monkey boy

You don't say how long you've been registered on the Telephone Preference System, but two points there:

- you must register your mobile separately from any landline (I assume you have, but worth making the point)
    - it can take up to 2 months for your entry on the database to reach all companies

Assuming you have registered your mobile on the Preference system a reasonable length of time ago, my recommendation would be to answer the call, play along until you find out the details of the person/company calling you and then report them in accordance with the Preference system rules. A slapped wrist will await the offender. If others have complained, hefty fines can be levied. The only way to stop these calls and to ensure the Preference system is enforced is to report those who ignore it.

lbr, Jul 22, 2004
  3. lhatkins

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

What I mean is it's withheld every time we ring by default; we had to ask to have that set up though :)

I'll try the 1470 thing and see what happens next time; main reason I wanted the witheld thing is so I can phone my sister and the psychotic slut can't get my number....

domfjbrown, Jul 23, 2004
Ask a Question