unwanted sound

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Roy, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Roy

Roy

my mate came round the other day and plugged in my amplifier and speakers to my pc so i could listen 2 songs on that (my current cd player is bust)
    however the sound coming out isn't pleasant as it used to be, its got a deeper bass and a lower trebble, no matter how high or low i change it on the amp itself, and i get this constant "bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrr" noise which i suspect are my fans? (i hear people get fan noises in headphones)
    how can i get rid of this stuff? how can i make the sound good?

Roy, Nov 21, 2005
  2. Roy

Tenson Moderator

It sounds like a bad soundcard. OR you have the treble / bass / hall effects on your soundcard switched on.

You can get a better soundcard and/or use a optical digital connection to an external DAC.

If its the problem with treble/bass controls in windows mixer then obviously set them to normal ;)

Tenson, Nov 22, 2005
  3. Roy

Roy

i didnt think about that, to be honest im not sure if the problem is the sound card, the sound card has always worked fine with my 5.1, 2.0 and headphones.
    perhaps i should play around with the windows sound settings

Roy, Nov 22, 2005
Ask a Question