Upgrade my CD recorder

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Joolsburger, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Joolsburger

Joolsburger

Hi all,

I need to do something about my Marantz CD recorder it's a DR6000.

The simple solution is to stick my naim 3.5 downstairs but then I can't record my vinyl for the car so I'm thinking of a DAC or something.

I find the Marantz dry, harsh and can't listen to it for any length of time I prefer the naim but frankly I'm not all that keen on that either. (Yes, yes I know!!)

Any suggestions? The reason for this upgrade is the availablity of new vinyl for some of the titles I want.

I suppose Im looking for something a bit more like my xerxes. Cheap as chips would be a bonus.

Joolsburger, Nov 30, 2004
  2. Joolsburger

Donut

Hi Jools, take a look at the Yamaha CDR-HD1330 markII. I managed to pick one up at superfi a couple of weeks ago for £400 (I think they are back up to £500 now) This is a great piece of kit - really flexible, records great and has a good replay too. I'm really impressed with mine so far.
    Richard

Donut, Dec 1, 2004
  3. Joolsburger

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

You might want to look into a midiman flying cow. This is a DAC and ADC in one box, with a good rep. It might improve the quality of the discs you record from analogue as well.

I-S, Dec 1, 2004
Ask a Question