upgrade vs downgrade.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by hsam, Sep 13, 2009.

1. hsam

hsam

Hi Guys!

Im thinking of going the Martin logan way once again.My local dealer has a pair of ML vantage for a good price.Im playing on a pair of jmlabs 1027Be now.But i miss the flow that ML can give.
    The logans i had before was Aeries i's and the acents.
    Anyone heard the Vantage?

hsam, Sep 13, 2009
  2. hsam

lbr monkey boy

I've very recently heard the Vantage alongside the Vista in a dealer's dem room - a good few hours of listening. I have CLSIIz's as a frame of reference.

I actually felt that the Vista was better than the Vantage (as did the person with me). The only difference between the units is that the Vantage has the active bass unit where the Vista is passive (and a good deal cheaper). To my ears, the active bass unit was overblown and sluggish (in comparison to the stat rather than in comparison to standard speakers), drawing unwanted attention to itself in use. The passive on the other hand was far better integrated with the panel. My feeling was that ML had possibly tried to squeeze too much bass out of a smallish enclosure with the active unit and had ended up over-extending its capabilities. My advice would be to audition with care if you are seriously considering the Vantage and definitely try to compare to the Vista.

lbr, Sep 13, 2009
  3. hsam

hsam

I went for the Vantage! Cool speakers.But needs carefull amp selection.

hsam, Sep 20, 2009
Ask a Question